Android Applications

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i've tried three. My bias as a reviewer is that I use and like Beersmith as my primary database. I'm looking for an app that i can import & export between the two, and for a brew day calculator that feeds off the recipe.
BrewR demo - Allows you to put in recipes and run a brew day timer. At the moment you can't import beer.xml files - but the developer is working on this. Doesn't have a calculator for all those brewing conversions, etc
HomeBrew Calculator - This has all the calculations - attenuation, srm, yeast pitching, hop bitterness - and a boil timer. But no recipe database. At the moment i'm using this for the timer.
Brewzor Pro Beta - This is the best of the three apps, but doesn't have a boil timer. Can import xml files, so it was simple to update with my beersmith recipes. Brewing calculators, including refractometer, yeast pitching rates, etc, shopping list generated from a recipe.

I confess I haven't gone beyond a cursory view of most of these yet.

I had a go at brewzor, but without the timer I didn't really see the point. Much easier creating brews on a full scale PC. I just want to be able to use my phone to schedule the recipe and take notes on brew day so I can avoid splashing a laptop. Will have a go at some others and see if they are useful.

I use BrewR.

export beersmith recipe as beerXML. import into qbrew. then i just connect my phone to the computer and copy recipe. it's a bit of a process but not to hard! $4.00 well spent.

lost some hop weights, but still pretty good.. all times ect were correct

Necro to avoid being told to DASFFS.

I've downloaded BrewR and having a play with it, but anybody recommend a good App? I'd love for BrewMate to be migrated to an app but probably will never happen. I currently print off a BrewMate sheet and take it into the brauhaus where it gets stomped on and eventually lost, far prefer to have the recipe, steps, timers etc right there on my phablet.

Yes I know about Beer Smith but don't really like the desktop version, can't see the mobile one as being for me.

I use BeerSmith on the PC to create my recipes and then export them to my Dropbox account.

I then access those using BrewAide on my Android tablet.

Simple enough and works fine for the way I use it.

I'll check them out. I believe that Brewmate saves everything in Beer XML so I wonder if these apps will open BrewMate recipes. I have dropbox so that would be really neat. Even worth getting an elcheapo tablet to live in the brewery, maybe.

Bribie G said:
I'll check them out. I believe that Brewmate saves everything in Beer XML so I wonder if these apps will open BrewMate recipes. I have dropbox so that would be really neat. Even worth getting an elcheapo tablet to live in the brewery, maybe.
aldi often do a cheap tablet every few months mate. not expensive last i looked.

Latest posts

Back