Anawbs 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussTaylor

Reaction score
The Amateur Winemakers and Brewers Club of Adelaide and the Blackwood Winemakers and Brewers Club are proud to announce the 30th Australian National Wine and Beer Show.

This year the Mash Paddle competition is Belgian Pale Ale

The show will be held in Adelaide, with beer judging on Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 September. Presentation day is Sunday 4 October. Entries close on 17th September.

We have again organised for free transport from 4 collection points in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. Closing date for entry via these collection points is Friday 10 September.

Full details of collection points, classes, style guidelines etc can be found on the ANAWBS website.

A show like this needs lots of help, so if anyone is interested in participating as a judge, steward or sponsor please contact me via email or PM.

Cheers
Russ

G'Day Russ,

How about Tassie?? There are a few of us with entries this year, how about setting up a collection point for the Tassie brewers. Lets just say that it cost me several cartons worth just to enter a few bottles last year. Well worth it to get some decent feed back (and come equal 6th in the mash paddel) but fairly rich for most. Lets even the playing table.

Cheers
Smashin at the Woolven St. :chug:

The Amateur Winemakers and Brewers Club of Adelaide and the Blackwood Winemakers and Brewers Club are proud to announce the 30th Australian National Wine and Beer Show.

The show will be held in Adelaide, with beer judging on Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October. Presentation day is Sunday 4 October. Entries close on 17th September.

We have again organised for free transport from 4 collection points in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. Closing date for entry via these collection points is Friday 10 September.

Full details of collection points, classes, style guidelines etc can be found on the ANAWBS website.

A show like this needs lots of help, so if anyone is interested in participating as a judge, steward or sponsor please contact me via email or PM.

Cheers
Russ

Think I will have a couple of entries this year. Has been a while since I entered. I'm up for judging the weekend sessions.

Russ,

Broken links from the Entry forms and documents page. The links in th text below the list don't work.

BOG

G'Day Russ,

How about Tassie?? There are a few of us with entries this year, how about setting up a collection point for the Tassie brewers. Lets just say that it cost me several cartons worth just to enter a few bottles last year. Well worth it to get some decent feed back (and come equal 6th in the mash paddel) but fairly rich for most. Lets even the playing table.

Cheers
Smashin at the Woolven St. :chug:

The pick up locations are sponsored by Winequip. We have a meeting next week, so I'll see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Think I will have a couple of entries this year. Has been a while since I entered. I'm up for judging the weekend sessions.

Certainly has been a while. We are at Waite Campus this year (sorry a bit further to travel for you northerners but closer for us southerners!) so I've been able to snag all 3 days this year. Thanks Aaron. :icon_cheers:

The pick up locations are sponsored by Winequip. We have a meeting next week, so I'll see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Many thanks Russ, poised with baited breath... :icon_cheers:

Certainly has been a while. We are at Waite Campus this year (sorry a bit further to travel for you northerners but closer for us southerners!) so I've been able to snag all 3 days this year. Thanks Aaron. :icon_cheers:

That is a shame. Regency was a good spot and with BrewBoys right there now it would have been even better for drinks after judging/presentation.

The show will be held in Adelaide, with beer judging on Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October. Presentation day is Sunday 4 October. Entries close on 17th September.

Cheers
Russ

Sorry, that should read "with beer judging on Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 September not October.

That is a shame. Regency was a good spot and with BrewBoys right there now it would have been even better for drinks after judging/presentation.

Regency was a good spot. Unfortunately with the growth of the brewery and distilling equipment and the show itself, we've outgrown their facility. Also, most of the volunteers come from the south side and it's now much easier for them. TAFE and hopefully the BrewBoys will still be part of the show.

Totally agree Vlad.It will be with much trepidation that i hand over my beer entrys to this outfit.

Cheers
Big D

After last years debacle, I thought Brewcraft in Perth would have been told to f**k off.

Totally agree Vlad.It will be with much trepidation that i hand over my beer entrys to this outfit.

Cheers
Big D

It could be worth it organising the sandgropers and sending them yourselves. I know it ruins the point of having free delivery, but yeah.

After last years debacle, I thought Brewcraft in Perth would have been told to f**k off.

I have to agree with you on this, however I'm just one on a committee and a sponsor actually organises and pays for this. For what it's worth, we'll be making contact with all drop off points this year and ensuring the entries get here on time. We've spoken to the guy and he assures us it'll work this year.

Cheers Russ.
To cut them some slack they were moving shop at the time last year.(Although this is no excuse when it comes to a major brewing comp)

Cheers
Big D

Hey Neville, you mentioned that you use a reliable courier, maybe we can get a group discount?

Russ,

To confirm there is no prerequisite to enter unlike the nationals. It'a completely open comp? No qualifing required.

I'm new to comps and got confused with the ANABWS and the AABC ...

BOG

Also, can you add this event to the calendar function on the AHB. Makes it all easier to track.

Latest posts

Back