Anawbs 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shonky: Working fine for me... (i.e. it's possibly your side!)

Try going to Start, Run, and typing in the box "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes, and then restarting your browser. Then try again

I've uploaded the documents anyway.

Cheers Adam.

Definitely not working for me, tried your suggestions but I hadn't gonee to those pages previosuly so wouldn't have been in the cache.

Also tried <ctrl> r which will force a refresh back to source - I get messages such as - Warning: include(/home/anawbs/public_html/language/pdf_fonts/times.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/anawbs/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 1661

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/anawbs/public_html/language/pdf_fonts/times.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/anawbs/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 1661
TCPDF error: Could not include font definition file

I am using IE6 (I know, I know but it is a work laptop that I can't install other browsers of upgrade :angry: )

Cheers anyway, sure there are plenty of other people having issues though so think someone should look into it, Russ?

Thanks Shonky, that was an incredibly helpful post. The hosting company upgrade PHP and Apache on the weekend and looks like the site is now broken with IE6. IE8 works fine, I can't test it with IE7 at the moment. Looks like an upgrade is in order...I'll get on it tonight.

Russ

Website should be back up now. Please let me know if anyone still has a problem. My appoligies for the problem.

Thanks Shonky, that was an incredibly helpful post. The hosting company upgrade PHP and Apache on the weekend and looks like the site is now broken with IE6. IE8 works fine, I can't test it with IE7 at the moment. Looks like an upgrade is in order...I'll get on it tonight.

Russ
All good in IE7 now also Russ

Cheers

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

You forgot to say,try turning your computer off then back on that is the normal I.T thing aint it? :lol: :lol:

BYB

Back on topic. :rolleyes:

3 weeks to go. Entries close on 17th September for brewers in SA and the 10th September for inter-state entries.

We have some great wines for our fundraiser this year, check them out at http://www.anawbs.org.au/fundraising.html

If you're interested in stewarding or judging, please signup here - http://www.anawbs.org.au/registration/beerjudge.html

What's a steward?
A steward serves to help the judges. Stewards ensure that the judges have all of the judging materials they need including judging forms, pencils, cups, bottle openers, water, and bread or crackers. During the judging, they double check all of the competition forms to be sure they have been properly filled out and that the math has been done correctly.

Judging is an intensive process, and the stewards play a key role in making sure all goes smoothly. Serving as a steward is an excellent means of learning about beer evaluation and is usually the first step in becoming a beer judge.

ahhhh crap.... I misread the website and haven't been following this thread properly. Just bottled my entries today to deliver on the 17th ... and they closed on the 10th for interstaters.

I am a dunce ... and I had high hopes for a couple of my ciders too

Bugger

ahhhh crap.... I misread the website and haven't been following this thread properly. Just bottled my entries today to deliver on the 17th ... and they closed on the 10th for interstaters.

I am a dunce ... and I had high hopes for a couple of my ciders too

Bugger

Sorry to hear mate, I should have posted something a couple of days before the 10th. Just more chances for the rest of us now :icon_cheers:

Judging is complete and I'll post the full results on the website after the presentation on 4th October - wine judging is still to be completed.

This year we had
250 beers judged in
23 classes, by
17 judges drawn from BJCP, AHB, AWBCA, Yorke Brewing, Gulf Brewery, Lion Nathan and Coopers
and 10 stewards and admin staff

Many thanks to the judges, stewards, volunteers, generous sponsors and the many brewers who entered.

The 2009 ANAWBS presentation day is this Sunday 4 October. Proceedings kick off at 1pm.

The venue for the award ceremony is Waite Institute Urrbrae in the Charles Hawker Conference Centre - building 2. You can find a map here - http://www.anawbs.org.au/presentation-day.html

A $10.00 entry fee applies, which includes a souvenir tasting glass and public tasting of all the non sparkling wine entries (which were flushed with argon and recorked after judging - so they are as fresh as we can have them) and liqueurs.

Our beer sponsors SAMBA have also provided us with a generous supply of their beers for sampling on the day.

The entry fee is, of course, waived for all judges and stewards.

For those who can't make it, a list of all the winners and place getters will be posted on AHB later on Sunday evening - with the full results on the ANAWBS web site to follow shortly.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Russ

Thanks everyone for a great competition and the South Australia's Micro Brew beers on display were fantastic.

Well done to all placegetters and it was great to see some fellow brewers at the presentation.

Results for 2009 can be found here

Thanks everyone for a great competition and the South Australia's Micro Brew beers on display were fantastic.

Well done to all placegetters and it was great to see some fellow brewers at the presentation.

Results for 2009 can be found here

EDIT: Congrats to Sunny, well done mate - Must be a tasty brew...

Great stuff Ross, Many thanks for your assistance.

Sole Brewer, taster, quality control officer and broom sweep,
Smashin
Woolven St Brewery

Other way around Devo.2nd Silver 3rd Bronze
Congratulations mate.

Cheers
Dave

w00t! First time entering, and I get a first place.

Too bad a lot of my other entries bombed out, big time. Missed out on a third place by half a point! I reaaaally should have entered my pilsner.

Cheers to the organisers, judges, stewards, and entrants. In particular, RussTaylor for all his hard work.

Thanks to Russ, organisers, judges and stewards. Your hard work is appreciated,

Hope to make the trip down one year.

Jimmy

Latest posts

Back