Anaconda 4 Ring Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggs

Reaction score
http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Cooking/Cast-Iron-Quad-Ring-Burner#90001806004

Looking at grabbing one of these as I go to all grain with a 40lt pot and BIAB, 75K BTU.

Just a little confused as to whether a stand is needed as it looks like it might just sit on the ground? I'd be brewing in my garage so on nice flat slab. I have seen a lot of people welding them into an old rim. Can I get away without doing this as I dont have welding tools nor skills?

Ive seen a picture of a slab cracking/exploding from the heat of a burner on it. I would get a stand. Not to mention draining is a lot easier.

Definately dont put it on bare concrete, i used to used a couple of bricks to get it off the ground which also helps with airflow

Diggs said:
http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Cooking/Cast-Iron-Quad-Ring-Burner#90001806004

Looking at grabbing one of these as I go to all grain with a 40lt pot and BIAB, 75K BTU.

Just a little confused as to whether a stand is needed as it looks like it might just sit on the ground? I'd be brewing in my garage so on nice flat slab. I have seen a lot of people welding them into an old rim. Can I get away without doing this as I dont have welding tools nor skills?
Angle grinder and a drill
Get yourself some RHS, bolts and an old rim, cut the notch for the burner to sit in the rim
Cut 3 pieces of RHS the same length
Drill holes in the RHS and the rim to bolt the RHS sections to the rim
Success!!

Hey Spork, sounds like something I could do. But what's RHS?

Diggs, do you have a wine making/sausage making supply store anywhere in brisbane? Id seriously look around for better burners, that come with stands that will be more cost effective than that unit.

I know where i am in melbourne we have one, and i got a couple of photos for some people on here of what they had. Italian spiral burners with stands for less than $80, you cant go wrong.

Hey Diggs, with your 40L pot and that anaconda burner, what would be the largest batch size you'd be going for?
I am considering one of them myself, I only want to go to about 25L (I am going up from currently 15 in the stove).

Would the 4 ring burner be enough for that?

Also, what regulator would you get? a low pressure like the conventional ones for barbecues?

Many thanks.

It's a pretty easy build.

Angle grinder, wheel rim and a bit of a weld into the frame. If you wanted it just on the floor, I think the rim would be enough to protect the concrete etc from the heat.

Grinding the centre out of the rim helps feed the burner and ensures a nice clean, blue flame.

I haven't brewed with it yet, but I may have to get an adjustable reg. The bbq reg definitely won't be able to get a good boil going with 70+ L in the pot, even with the rim heat shielding.

Thanks forall the responses guys, now I have to figure out what im going to do!

Im just aiming to do 20 (ish) lt batches as I can fit 2 of the Willow cubesnin my brew fridge at the same time. Im not tied to a 40lt pot yet.

Or am I complicating this all too much? My stove has a pretty good 2 ring burner that does well with my 20lt pot.

Being that im only doing small batches, can I get away with a smaller pot and not have to get a burner? I do really want to have a 1vessel setup for my BIAB though.

I'm still learning so take any advice I give with a grain of salt. I did my first BIAB in the kitchen the other night.....after cleaning off 7 litres of evaporated sticky wort off the walls, kitchen cupboards, photos, curtains and windows I won't ever be doing it inside again. Plus, although I thought the smell of the house was absolutely divine.....the wife and kids didn't think so.

Haha, that was me last weekend too. Wort all over the stove and floor.

Happy with what I produced but very messy and im sure I can make the process a lot better with the right equipment

This is just me, but I like to try and future proof my set up.

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it....you then have room to grown into your rig.

This hobby, as you all know, is infectious....and no ones ever said "If only I could make LESS beer !"

Ok, wife bought me a 30lt pot for Father's Day (bless her cottonsox). She kept the docket just in case it was wrong.

Im thinking swap it for a 40 and see how the stove goes, if I need more heat ill look into it then.

Thanks for the help guys, ive got a good idea of where I need to go if the stove isnt strong enough.

I went for the wok burner from Rambo in eBay. a touch expensive but it's very good on the gas 1kg of Lpg per hr. Very hot very fast. A real time saver. 20 min 70deg water. HPA100Lpb model.

Latest posts

Back