Amazing Beer Records

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely that guy doesn't actually enjoy that beer at 323 ibu's. Unless he's got a serious talent at balancing beers...

That has to be estimated not measured right

Surely its not fermented out to 55%?! I dont think there is any yeast capable of doing that (if there was, distilleries would be very happy as their rate of return would double) so it must be being distilled or have alcohol added. Anyone got any technical info?

Fil

Surely its not fermented out to 55%?! I dont think there is any yeast capable of doing that (if there was, distilleries would be very happy as their rate of return would double) so it must be being distilled or have alcohol added. Anyone got any technical info?

Fil
It's ice distilled.

That has to be estimated not measured right
I'm sure there are people here who've brewed things over that estimate though. From memory Maple had a go at one once. Then there is that guy who loaded 2kgs of hops into a beer (sorry, forget who that one was!). So I reckon it must be actual. Maybe he uses iso hop?

Either way, I'd drink it. Balance, schmalance.

Back