Amarillo Shortage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have no shortage compared to this side of the ditch. I purchased from CB to get some and this week ONE company will have them over here but they run as a brewery too so it's split between that too so even less than normal share heading our way.
Gotta say Im more interested in trying Mosaic from the descriptions I have read so far.

It looks like anyone who hasn't raised the price is out of stock so it looks to me the shortage is really a shortage of reasonably priced product ?
If you are prepared to pay then its available. I have chosen to leave it out till it becomes reasonably priced again.
Nev

Spiesy said:
The shortage we are talking about, is largely worldwide.
http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Hops_vacuum_Packed.html

Pick another country. This is fun. Haven't been able to google a homebrew store worldwide that isn't selling Amarillo yet.

You paid $35 (plus USPS postage) for 2011 crop, didn't you? :lol: It's only $30 for 2012.

Niko the Sneeko. Clever bugger - well, sure knows how to milk an Aussie or two!

nickjd seeing that for you there is no hop shortage maybe you should start a hop bulk buy for the hard to get hops such as current season amarillo citra and hallertau. Considering the ridiculous mark ups you claim the retailers are putting on hops you could help fellow brewers by using youre superior knowledge of the hop business to deliver vast quantities of hops extremely cheaply.

BEERHOG said:
nickjd seeing that for you there is no hop shortage maybe you should start a hop bulk buy for the hard to get hops such as current season amarillo citra and hallertau.considering the ridiculous mark ups you claim the retailers are putting on hops you could help fellow brewers by using youre superior knowledge of the hop business to deliver vast quantities of hops extremely cheaply.
Only if you start using a full stop and beginning a new sentence. Like this.

Nick JD said:
Only if you start using a full stop and beginning a new sentence. Like this.
So you agree in principle to arrange the bulk buy.

Start registering your interest, boys.

No problem nick. Put me down for a pound of each. Thanks.

BEERHOG said:
No problem nick. Put me down for a pound of each. Thanks.
I realize this is tongue in cheek talk, but if you want to prove your point Nick I'll go some of both as well.

batz

Check the first page of this thread. Guy on ebay has 5 pounds of 2012 Amarillo for sale in Australia.

For $30 each. 6 months after harvest.

Divide them between yourselves and you won't run out.

You'll be drinking Rexona Sport Ales will August - when everyone will have the 2013 crop ... and still be saying they're going to run out.

Has 5 pounds of Citra too.

Ooooh, 5 of Mosaic too. What are you guys doing! QUICK, they're running OUT! :D

brentice said:
i recon cascade hops are awesome
This man needs listening to.

Some of these fashionable hops that taste like starburst lollies make grown men act like girls lining up for the latest Care Bear. Man up, use Fuggles and dry hop with PoR.

Nick JD said:

Pick another country. This is fun. Haven't been able to google a homebrew store worldwide that isn't selling Amarillo yet.

You paid $35 (plus USPS postage) for 2011 crop, didn't you? :lol: It's only $30 for 2012.
I paid $23USD for 2012 crop, from WholesaleHops. Postage, as part of a bigger buy, resulted in an additional $6.67USD. So, less than $30USD (which is a little less again for AUD) for my Amarillo - delivered.

I win.

Nick JD said:
You'll be drinking Rexona Sport Ales will August - when everyone will have the 2013 crop ... and still be saying they're going to run out.
Amarillo = Rexona Sport? :huh:

You is crazy, man.

Nick JD said:

Niko the Sneeko. Clever bugger - well, sure knows how to milk an Aussie or two!
Just got my Niko hops. Feel bad for you man cause they are the most fragrant hops I have received. The 'old' 2011 Simcoe smelt so good as did the El Dorado. If $5 is such an issue for you I'll spot you so you can splash out. His product is always top notch and well worth the asking price.

neal32 said:
Just got my Niko hops. Feel bad for you man cause they are the most fragrant hops I have received. The 'old' 2011 Simcoe smelt so good as did the El Dorado. If $5 is such an issue for you I'll spot you so you can splash out. His product is always top notch and well worth the asking price.
Top notch last year, for sure.

An amarillo shortage? Damn, I just gave 200g away......... can I unlike my own post?

Latest posts

Back