Aluminium Alloy In A Bar?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should mount a third tap there.... the "premium" beer

I'm confused. Just as well I'm going away for a week so I'll have time to think about it!

M

mobrien said:
Oh yeah - expanding polyurethane is messy messy stuff! And the way it makes your skin go black is just cool :D

I've used it a fair bit in the past, so I'm well prepared there. A bit late for you wortgames, but a few pointers:
[post="56093"][/post]​

Where were you when I needed you :rolleyes:

I like the regulator idea - is there any way you could rig up a separate gas line to it so the scuba reg shows your keg pressure? That would be very cool...

Wortgames said:
Where were you when I needed you :rolleyes:

I like the regulator idea - is there any way you could rig up a separate gas line to it so the scuba reg shows your keg pressure? That would be very cool...
[post="56127"][/post]​

He He - sorry - didn't know you needed some help! Next time!
I think her idea with the regs was you would get the beer through the 2nd stage mouthpiece!

I can't see anyway to actually make this work easily, or use the hole to mount a pressure gauge for the CO2 - it could be done, but not for my small bar.

Matt

P.S. Postmix using the 2nd stage purge button... he he - how cool would that be??

OK - I've been away for a week, but managed to hit the shed this morning and strip the tank back to bare metal and polish up one side. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

I've found a place that can fill the valve hole for me - now I just need to get out there during the week to get it done.

Matt

shinyfont.jpg

Nice and shiney. That is going to come up looking brilliant.

Doc

Righto - after a bit of a break, this project is back on track. I dropped the SCUBA tank at the local aluminium fabricators today - he says its no prob to fill in the top, and is also drilling the holes for the four snaplock fittings - I don't have a 21mm drill bit on hand!

So give it a week, and I should have some shineyness to show!

Matt

Nice one Matt, i hadnt seen this thread previously.. but it all looks great.
having just read it from start to end it was funny that at first it was 2 taps... then the thought of just sorting a third now was a good idea... THEN your latest just has "the FOUR fittings".. so typical isnt it.!
keep us tuned in.

>> it was funny that at first it was 2 taps... then the thought
>> of just sorting a third now was a good idea... THEN your
>> latest just has "the FOUR fittings".. so typical isnt it.!

LOL - yes, thats the way it.

Should I own up to already having bought the extra two taps, including a guniness tap.

Or that I spent ages laying out the taps so that down the track I could easily add another two and it all still look good :D

I'll post photos when I get it back from the fanrication shop.

Now all I need is the freezer!

Matt

you may have to give that diving away so you can add another font.

he he - no way I'm giving up diving!

But... my last two taps arrived today (thanks ebay!) - so here are my four taps all in the new snaplock adapters...

Come on Tuesday - I want my font back :D

Matt

beertaps.jpg

Woo! Its here!

So I got the tank back, with the valve hole filled and the holes for the taps drilled. About 15 minutes with the file to round off the time, and 5 minutes with a rough polish - I had to see what it is going to look like!

And so, without further ado, here it is! Lots of polishing to go, and the fittings need to be put on tight rather than just finger tight, but you get the idea!

Matt

font1.jpg

font2.jpg

Simply AWESOME.
What an item of absolute beauty.
Top job.

Beers,
Doc

Top stuff. :)

Paint your tap handles metallic, candy apple red and you've got yourself a pure work of art. :super: :super:

Just watch your dog doesn't try and cock his leg on it though. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Looks fantastic, brilliant idea. What did you have in mind for a drip tray? It would be good if you could make a semi circle one to go around the bottom of the tank.

Andrew

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm pretty pleased with it myself! Now if I could just find the right freezer to mount it on top of!

For the drip tray I plan to have a nice curved tray - will have to make is special for it, but thats all ok. Although, I just found this one on ebay which I am temped by....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Matt

That's come up fantastic! top work. I was a bit sceptical that it may look a bit boring but your photos have put those concerns to rest.
I like the stamps on the tank too, adds character to it.
You've managed to combine what seems to be 2 of your passions into 1. Great stuff.

now......when's the brewday to show them off????

Hoops

As a suggestion for a drip try - get 2 pizza trays.
Sit the tank so it touches one edge, draw around the tank and either:
- add say 15mm for the hieght of the lip sothat u can then bend it up , or
- cut the tray so that it fits and take/cut the surplus edge so taht u can get that welded on to the bottom.
Now u have teh base of the drip tray and it all fits beutiful.

with the second pizza tray - draw the size needed on it and either :
- add the height of the lip. Cut it out to this and drill 10mm holles.
Now bend the lip down so that it will stand up like an upside down U in the bottom of the tray all snug.
- or cut it to fit and weld the lip on so that it sits/acts as feet.

Whallah...a matching aluminim drip tray that fits exactly the Font.

I hope u can understand what i am aiming at and it helps.

Latest posts

Back