Alternative Adjuncts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byza

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a growler of Briess Pilsen malt, all sorts of hops and access to trub after I bottle on Saturday... Question is around head retention... I have no specialty grains and pretty much every home brew store in SEQ is closed Saturday... Do I bite the bullet and use BE2 or do I wait till next weekend to brew with grains / wheat malt?

Ps looking to do a pale or IPA.

Do a smaller batch with just the malt (I presume you mean extract), 2L would weigh around 2.6kg.
Mark

BE2 actually works ok in a partial if you are after a nice clear refreshing quaffer. Over the summer I've used my 60L FV to turn out several double keg batches of lagers using a full mash batch of pale malt + hallertau / Hersbrucker then blended in a tin of Coopers and a box of BE2 to get 43L, followed by a proper lager fermentation sequence with S-189.

No soapy flavour or twang and almost filtered clarity. With a good hop bill you shouldn't have any problems using the stuff in an IPA or Pale.

Latest posts

Back