All in one kit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi There

I was just wondering if there is an all in one kit - I think Mr Beer from Coopers is? But only makes 8.5 L (so you

need about 3 cans to do 23 L)

I think there is ESB - 3 litre but does that need malts or LDM in recipe?

If you use two cans of the same thing would the same thing?

Seems you should be able to buy a can that has the right ammount of extra liquid malts into make.

I know adding different malts can make different taste, but sometimes you end making the

same thing and

maybe that would be a good option for a stock beer you make all the time.

Thanks

Hi There

I was just wondering if there is an all in one kit - I think Mr Beer from Coopers is? But only makes 8.5 L (so you

need about 3 cans to do 23 L)

I think there is ESB - 3 litre but does that need malts or LDM in recipe?

If you use two cans of the same thing would the same thing?

Seems you should be able to buy a can that has the right ammount of extra liquid malts into make.

I know adding different malts can make different taste, but sometimes you end making the

same thing and

maybe that would be a good option for a stock beer you make all the time.

Thanks

I made one of the 3kg ESB cans way back when I started brewing 5 years ago , for my 2nd or 3rd batch I think and from memory it was all in one. Made a good beer too

Surely a Fresh Wort Kit, while costing a bit more would be the perfect solution

The ESB ones are good. I often added some extra hops and steeping grains to them, but you can make a batch with just the tin of goo, water and yeast.

JD

The ESB ones are good. I often added some extra hops and steeping grains to them, but you can make a batch with just the tin of goo, water and yeast.

JD
Yep I used to use them long time ago. Far better for my taste than a Coopers can and malt extract.
I'll be back to Coopers cans and some LDME and Dextrose though for the next 3 brews - just no time to do an all grain right now.
And they were only $8 a pop from Woolies.

Got mine for less than $8 a pop on special at woolies - linkypoo1 and linkypoo2
Well darn sarf we don't seem to get those good deals
I think the Coopers were $8 and the homebrand $6
I took all the Coopers and some discounted BE2 and Dextrose.
I left the homebrand for someone else to take a punt on.
I tried 4 different Woolies but only 1 had any on the shelf sadly.

Latest posts

Back