• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

All-grain System For Sale - Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richie

Reaction score
Perfect beginner setup for sale. Unfortunately I no longer have/can find the time to use it. Sale is pick-up Hobart, Tasmania only, not splitting, not posting understandably.

1 x 50 Litre converted s/s boiler type vessel.
1 x NASA burner and high pressure regulator (this thing rocks).
1 x 25L Esky Mash Tun braid type (needs a little fixing)
1 x 20 Litre Urn.
1 x 10m Immersion Cooling Coil with brass end hose connections.
Also have the 8m remaining from the coil which would be ideal for a C/F chiller given our tap water temperatures.
1 x 3 tier wooden stand (got free from Justin before I think he went o/s)

All the other bits/hoses/connections etc to be brewing straight away no problems and I can show you how it all connects together.

All up it cost well over $300 as I slowly acquired it and the best sensible offer over $275 Sunday afternoon will get it.

Can e-mail pics, have to go and take them though.

Cheers

richie

G'day Richie

Won't say I'm not interested in your gear but was thinking I could stave off the inevitable for a while longer! Perhaps if you still have it all next time I'm down south I might aim to catch up with you to check it out and see if I can convince myself that now really is the time to move into AG! How negotiable are you feeling on the price?

Have you sourced all your grain from THBS in the past?

Swiz

That is a wicked deal... I would take it but im in adelaide - anyone wanting to move to AG and is near by would be stupid not to offer $275 for this!

Hi Swiz,

Not really that negotiable on the price, sorry. If I can't get $275 for it I may as well keep it and use it again eventually, whenever that extra day in the week comes along. Previously I've got my grain from the brew-by-you dudes but havent done any ag stuff for a fair while. Some of the other tassie blokes on here would be able to let you know if there are any other places to get grain from.

Thanks for that Phillip, I thought it was a reasonable as well, probably could've picked a better weekend for it with the grand final and all but you get that sometimes. Nevermind.

I'll try and get some photo's up, see if that stirs some interest.

cheers

richie

oooh. tempted. not sure i can justify spending that much on brewing gear now (not saying its not a good deal).
if you do consider splitting let me know.

if you can get a good deal for it, hopefully you can find the time to put it to good use. cheers.
joe

Hmmm, will be back in Tassie over the Xmas break, would be dead keen on the NASA and the Urn if there is a split.... Could even pay beforehand and get my olds to pick up the gear :)

Keep me posted!

Cheers

Righto fellas we could be onto something here. I don't need all of the gear either hence the enquiry about price (thanks for your opinions chug but sometimes they are best kept to yourself until you know all of the circumstances ;) ).

I wouldn't mind the boiler and the maybe the cooler - if the NASA and the urn are of interest to you Nick do you want to make an arrangement to pay Richie for the lot and divvy up the goods? Anyone keen on the other bits?

Swizzle, might be keen, but I'd be getting my parents in Hobart to collect my bits so I can grab them at Xmas time when I'm down.... Not sure how much postage would be up to here otherwise?

Swizzle, might be keen, but I'd be getting my parents in Hobart to collect my bits so I can grab them at Xmas time when I'm down.... Not sure how much postage would be up to here otherwise?

Mate if we can come up with a plan about who wants which bits, what they're worth etc I'd be happy to foot the bill in advance, collect the goods if necessary then do the handover when you're in this part of the world. Alternatively we can choreograph some slightly more technical master plan with your folks.

How about we fine tune by message tomorrow? I'm in the midst of my first ever dry hop at racking!

Hmmm, sounds like a plan mate. PM me tomorrow and we'll chat

Cheers

damn, interested in the lot, but up the wrong end of the state, and not really sure when ill be in hobart next or able to collect it.

if by some strange reason its still about next year, say end of January (when I'm moving to hobart :p) ill snap this up in a heartbeat.

dont bother with the home brew shop in hobart for grain go to brew by you out in monah, they have all the grain you need.pity they don't keep their hops in the fridge though

dont bother with the home brew shop in hobart for grain go to brew by you out in monah, they have all the grain you need.pity they don't keep their hops in the fridge though

Thanks for the tip Dug. I went searching for them a couple of weeks ago but must have had old details so no luck finding them or getting them on the phone. Have you got a current address or phone no.?

Have you got a current address or phone no.?

Brew By You
51b Main Street
Moonah, Tas

Phone : 03 6278 3881
Fax : 03 6278 7881

http://brewbyyou.com.au/ozmerce/shop/

their website was offline for a few weeks but get this now. they are just about across the road from the newish BP. easy to miss while driving through all the traffic on main rd.

"pity they don't keep their hops in the fridge though"
yeah, that sucks. im sure they had a fridge in the new shop since they opened. oh well, i do my shopping accordingly.

Brew By You
51b Main Street
Moonah, Tas

Phone : 03 6278 3881
Fax : 03 6278 7881

http://brewbyyou.com.au/ozmerce/shop/

their website was offline for a few weeks but get this now. they are just about across the road from the newish BP. easy to miss while driving through all the traffic on main rd.

"pity they don't keep their hops in the fridge though"
yeah, that sucks. im sure they had a fridge in the new shop since they opened. oh well, i do my shopping accordingly.

Thanks mate - I'll check em out!

Latest posts

Back