• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi Selling Stainless Steel Boards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
:excl:

ok the title sounds weird but stay with me.

The missus went to Aldi to buy a metal 'message board'. It turns out to be stainless steel, 50cmx35cm. i automatically thought, wow its a drip tray or cut it in half for some ss sheeting to use as a backing for taps etc etc. best thing......$22!!!!

absolute bargin

now it does has some perforations in it liek a drip tray but nothing underneath, so you'd have to modify it if you actually wanted to ctach overflowing beer. but if you jusdt wanted a nice stainless beer glass holder under your taps your laughing. i'll take a pic tonight.

Very interested in a pic.

In other news I was at KMart the other day and picked up a pretty awesome find for about $9.

It's a conical stainless steel strainer. It's actually got double mesh, so it's like the holes are smaller, quite fine. I'm going to use it as a hop sock when boiling partials on the stove. It'll rest on top of the pot easy and stick down into the wort. Great find. Will take a pic when I get a chance.

... for about $9.

It's a conical stainless steel strainer. It's actually got double mesh, so it's like the holes are smaller, quite fine. I'm going to use it as a hop sock when boiling partials on the stove. It'll rest on top of the pot easy and stick down into the wort. Great find. Will take a pic when I get a chance.

Seal the the ends and add a hose tail to each - prolly the cheapest hopback i can think of....

pic pls Mark. Could it be suspended into the boiling wort in an urn?

now it does has some perforations in it liek a drip tray but nothing underneath

Turn it upside down, put four adhesive rubber feet on the original face side & you have an instant work table for all your yeast slanting work etc. Easily cleaned & sanitisable. Perfect!

TP

Yo bribie, I found a very similar pic on google image search

275T38080_Conical_Fine_Mesh_Strainer.jpg

Can you explain more? I don't really know what you mean by seal the ends?
Yeah, sorry. I had it pictured completly different in my head. I was thinking it was like a flour sifter (cylindrical with a conical end to it, with the screening on the inside... sorry, had hops on the brain, again. Forget my earlier comment, once I fuigure out a cheap and dirty hopback for putting between the kettle and the cube/fermenter i'll post it up.

Yo bribie, I found a very similar pic on google image search

275T38080_Conical_Fine_Mesh_Strainer.jpg

Right, I can see that sitting in a funnel into a cube with a bed of 30g of hop flowers (softened) sitting in it. Hopback / break strainer in one. Kmart You say .... :)

Top tip!

My old SS strainer is starting to become the worse for wear after straining grain and wort, so a couple of these conical strainers sounds like just the thing.

Thank you!

Cheers - Fermented.

yeah no worries. I wanna try rig up something I can attach to the short handle so that I can vary the height it sits at so that it sits just above the 'water line'. Know what I mean? Not sure the best way to go about it so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Obviously there's plenty of ways to do it but want something that's not gunna harbour nasties, is easy to clean, etc.

Back