AHB Wiki: Bottling with Champagne Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes they do mate.
as for a comercial supplier, could be interested for the right price.

yes they do mate.
as for a comercial supplier, could be interested for the right price.

Sweet - so they'll be in green champagne glass instead of brown but that is OK. At least if i'm handing out good stuff it'll look the part - will go round to local clubs/pubs and see how many i can get my hands on

Plasdene doesn't seem to have much besides the usual crown seals and punt bottles - nothing else seems like it takes any pressure. If only the bottles that they do Duvel in and Morebeer sell were available here... hint hint

Got 100x belgian corks and 100x wire cages from Morebeer which arrived the other day.

The standard Italian 2-levered corker fits these corks, e.g. the ones that Country Brewer or other LHBS sell. I tried it in the shop with a Duvel bottle which is about the narrowest neck you'd have to deal with and it worked fine. Was easy enough to stop just before the end of the leverage so it sticks out half an inch or so.

Have my Peated Tripel going at the moment, needs to finish primary ferment and be CC'd for a couple of days and then i'll bottle it in some corked bottles - now just need to find some champers bottles which i am canvassing local pubs/clubs for.

if you really need some give me a yell. ill dig some out of my collection

I am not sure if anyone has tried reusing the resealable corks found on bottles such as those from pelican Point?? I am hopeful as my Parents seeme to drink alot of this particular champers and have many cases in their "cellar" which do not last all that long to be honest so I am collecting a few doz to try out... If anyone has given them a burl please let me know how you went ... I will be updating for sure :) .... I feel a heavy "blackthing" oatmeal stout kinda thing coming on!!! maybe a 10 - 13% Belgium ale???

any chance of a pic of the closure on this one as its not one i know

if its the zork one ive never used them have a couple left her but just never used them
btw link doesnt work for me

Link should work now.
Otherwise go to YouTube and search 'How to SPK'.

interesting ive never seen this version, ive seen the still version.
could work. personally id still cork the way i do

We are building a brew on premise in the New England soon we are intending using champagne bottles ( from Plasdene) with 29mm Tirage caps, we will be buying pallets of bottles so if you need some drop me an email our link is here http://www.eastviewestate.com/ check out the menu link to Dobsons brewery.
we wont be taking delivery until about Sept, but happy to help where possible.

Back