Ahb Community Get Together

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Brewers.

With all this talk of Comp rules, Get togethers etc...I wonder if the time is right for an...

AHB Community Get Together...
We can make beer, sample beer, Talk beer and comps etc....Would be a hoot... :party:

Open to suggestions - but to start the ball rolling:
- Aim for every 2 years on the even years
- either choose a central place (as most of Aus population is East Coast - say Cobar- seems fairly Central on the map) or we can move it from state to state.
- choose a long weekend/school holidays.
- need a place with accomadation - eg Caravan parks etc.
- we make it a 3 day - 2 night Brewextravaganzer...
- Could co-incide (cant remember when it is with the World Teach a friend to Brew Day (hope i have this right))

So - what do you guys reckon....

Is their interest - is the time right... :super:

Wow, that'd be a big weekend. I think I can see why you're suggesting this. I'd be interested in making the journey (if the timing is ok).

It sounds like there might be a guiness record up for grabs with this concept too. Although media attention might be a bit of a problem with some of the brew equipment commonly used.

regards
Scott

Ps. The pun wasn't intended.

My liver takes a HUGE hit every time I got to a brewday :blink:

I wouldn't live thru an Aust wide get together :ph34r:

I like the idea of a place called Co.Bar (a Co-operative Bar???) for a meeting of the beer minded...

So - what do you guys reckon....

Is their interest - is the time right... :super:

I'll need a few days to get better again from the SE QLD swap... hurting big time :D

oh yeah, Roadtrip! sounds good to me

there would be a fair bit of organising involved and you'd probably need permission, i doubt i small town would enjoy a large group of drunken men and women running around there streets

not to go there, to hold a big event, mind you i'm probably overthinking it, i always do

Vote 1 for the Barossa Brew Inn. Rooftop baby-sitting service available :)

Good concept Ken but travelling across the country with brew gear in tow may not be very practical for most. However, loading up a few kegs and party dispensing equipment is feasible. Taking some ingredients and using the locals' brewing equipment may be the go if you really wanted to brew.

I for one would be interested in getting a posse together.

On the road again...
Steve

I'm keen for a road trip. Would require plenty of notice, but it's very do-able. Could possibly bring a couple of other AHB'ers, too.

Would be great to catch up with other AHB'ers.

Seth

Sounds interesting, requiring a lot of planning.

Hmm... I agree in principle that it's a good idea, it's a matter of how it's organised.

Top idea GMK and I think the time is right.

With over 3000 AHB members, and seeing the level of organisation already going into state based swaps/brew days, I would be surprised if a national AHB get together couldnt get off the ground.

I guess over time this thread will give an indication how many interested members there are and how big the meet could be.

Count me in.

I'm also potentially interested. It better not be summer if we make it somewhere inland or we are going to have to drink a lot. :eek: :lol:

I've got no idea about how to set up a poll, but maybe one of out more technically gifted AHBers should gauge the level of interest by setting one up?

Good idea, EB. Maybe we can get some ideas going first (time, place etc) and then do a poll on it. Last night in chat we were discussing the idea and White Cliffs was suggested. Stay at the Underground Motel. Perfect temps for fermentation. Just like the ice caves of Germany. :lol:

I reckon find a small town with a big caravan park, camping, cabins, motel, chicks.
Pick a date and see who shows up.
(being able to fly in might be nice)
Bring a heap of HB's and party on.

I like the idea of a place called Co.Bar (a Co-operative Bar???) for a meeting of the beer minded...

Hey Linz dont we already have that its called 'Ross's Bar' ;)

Pumpy :)

This is an excellent idea - but a daunting organisational task. I'd love to be there!

:)

Back