Ahb Beer Glasses - Time To Decide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok Beer Shortlist - Vote!

• Cervoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nonic

• Linz

• Weizen

• Conique

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could make the order for say a dozen minimum, I am sure that most people would be happy to grab that many.

10 people would be a 120 glasses which is a fair amount.

Before we get quotes it might be an idea to get stores who wouldnt be keen, keen to do it.

Cheers.

am said:
I'm going through the motions to see if I can do it before committing. Mainly a numbers thing, we are set-up to mainly work with large volume orders, and this job is looking at minimum quantities correct?

Edit: more details
[post="103668"][/post]​

With over 150 people already declaring interest & I'm guessing most people would want a minimum of haf a dozen glasses, it would seem a resonable order for someone :) ...

With over 150 people already declaring interest & I'm guessing most people would want a minimum of haf a dozen glasses, it would seem a resonable order for someone ...

Like i said, we are set-up to deal with large volume orders. (eg. 5-10K pcs)

We can do minimum of 144pcs BUT i'm looking into the economies of it, as it might be cheaper to go through someone else.

I've picked this up again and I'm moving in a months time into a new place where I will finally have some room (ie. a 2nd bedroom) to 'warehouse' stuff like the glasses and merchandise.

The problem I always saw in the glasses is the shipping aspect. A lot of people live in regional area's and glasses and heavy and fragile to shipe around. Basically I just need people to be aware of shipping costs.

I think a monochrome logo would be fine - you can still have grey variations. This would keep the price down but I also think they can look better in monochrome....just a subtle logo around the glass is nice.

The problem withusing the current logo was that the hops are pretty low quality. I am putting together a new logo in Illustrator (which is a vector program so it allows the logo to be scaled to any size) and once that is done I can get quotes again.

The last mob that I got quotes through is based in Sydney, in Lane Cove so I will see what they can do again. But I'll def be looking around.

id be up for 6 or so glasses

Hooray! I'll take 2 dozen and am not concerned about paying the shipping costs. Would much rather wait a month or two and get a high quality logo than rush into something now. Keep up the good work Dane.

As am mentioned everyone I have looked at minimum quantaties for a style of printed glass in 144 units. But if people are getting 1 or 2 dozen each then we aren't going to have a problem.

Dane,
Well done for picking it up again. The monochrome idea has some merit and if able to reproduce something akin to the James Squire glasses that would be great.

not too fussed about what style of glass and sticking to one would enable a 'bulk' quantity to be ordered.

Shipping to a one or two destinations in each capital city might be an option to simplify things. Obviously those in outlying areas would need to be treated differently.

roach

dane said:
But if people are getting 1 or 2 dozen each then we aren't going to have a problem.
[post="103727"][/post]​

Either 6, or half a dozen for me, if and when they come on-line.

M

Dane, have you considered getting a quote for etching the glasses? This can look really cool and I'm pretty sure it's not much dearer than printing, if at all.

Cheers - Snow

etching wouldn't wash off in the dishwasher like the gold on my Coopers glasses <_<

Well I am definately keen, personally would probably prefere 1/2doz lots so I can get a few types of glasses (I dont need 36 beer glasses :eek:).

Once you get some prices Dane I reckon we should restart this thread with a cut down list, prices, quantities etc, etc, 7 pages is pretty long to figure out what the hell is going on. :wacko:

Snow said:
Dane, have you considered getting a quote for etching the glasses? This can look really cool and I'm pretty sure it's not much dearer than printing, if at all.

Cheers - Snow
[post="103777"][/post]​

Snow,
Is that right?
I was thinking along those lines at the start of all these latest posts, but concluded that it may have been too pricy to consider. I for one would be willing to pay a little more for something different.
Certainly more classy & lasts forever (Or until the glass is dropped :ph34r: ).

:beer:

Geez Tangent, if you mistreat your special beer glasses by washing them in the dishwasher, then you deserve everything you get :rolleyes:

- Snow ;)

Think I'll check back in another 12 months. <_<

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:

Warren -
[post="103789"][/post]​

:lol: :lol: Too funny!

But I will be up for at least a dozen of any sort as long as they are big! They can sit beside my 50 schooner glasses in the pool room!

Kramer said:
warrenlw63 said:

Warren -
[post="103789"][/post]​
<abbrev> :lol: :lol: Too funny! </abbrev>
[post="103944"][/post]​
too funny? or Un-funny? Not really contributing to the thread and definitely taking the positive focus off the recent progress.

Yeah, I want some glasses ASAP, but there's no point providing a negative opinion, as it's certainly not adding value to the thread. Hey, I'm quite big on sarcasm at the best of times, but there is a time and place. That'll be 2 cents for that opinion. Ummm, with rounding benefit, that'll be no charge. Have a nice day!

I'll see how many dozen I can afford when we get the final design and glass shape. I'm not short on glasses, by any means, but it'll be good to have some AHB-themed glasses in a set for when I'm entertaining (read that as "p!issing up" with mates).

Excellent work, and I'm strongly anticipating the final design. Cheers to all.

Seth :p

i will go with the flow,so to speak. if it has the AHB logo on it count me in.brew on :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back