Again Free Shipping Costs at BelgianSHop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
Hmm, don't know if I can convince the Mrs to let me spend $130 after spending $70 at Beer Cartel not long ago...
Might have to chase up some of the CRABS guys to see if someone wants to split an order
I'd be keen mate.

True. They got some of their orders but not everything, emails unanswered and the such

That's a shame about people still waiting on orders. last time i used them My orders arrived within 2 weeks in 2 parcels a day apart. Hoping that will be the case again... :huh:

FYI, I paid US$204 for the beers and $14 for the glass.

Cheers - Snow

just made an order.. 22 beers, pussed out of getting westvleteren 12, how much better than rochefort 10 can it be?

It's better by 2°, Liam, or 20% for that matter.

EDIT: I came across them quite cheaply when the whole Hoo Haa started and bought 4 gift packs (24 bottles and 8 glasses), so i might bring a bottle as a late night treat to the next swap if I don't forget.

Liam_snorkel said:
just made an order.. 22 beers, pussed out of getting westvleteren 12, how much better than rochefort 10 can it be?
I had Westvleteren 12 when we were in Westvleteren and again a few years later after I'd aged a couple of bottles. While it is a spectacularly awesome beer with a lot going on in it, I personally feel that a well stored/travelled Rochefort 10 is pretty much its equal in flavour and complexity. Of course this is based on my memory of each beer and not on a side by side tasting, which might produce a different opinion....

So who has actually had a problem with these guys? I want to put in a $200 order but I don't want it to get ripped either.

Batz

Go ahead Batz, I think it's only a very small percentage.

I had some wrong items delivered and received a refund for those items without any hassle.

As long as you speak nice to them they're nice to you I believe.

Thanks Florian, I'm in.

Liam_snorkel said:
I've had rochefort 10 a few times and absolutely love it. I just wasn't $40 curious about how much better westvleteren 12 could be.. surely it's marginal..
so as usual I looked to the internet for opinions that supported my decision :rolleyes:
http://www.beerscribe.com/2012/12/12/not-to-buy-westvleteren-xii/

I tried the 12 in Belgium...it was sort of 'now or never'. Very good, but no better than Roch 10 imo, and certainly not worth the price difference.
I'm very happy the 12 glass and bottle made it back in one piece though...thanks Emirates !

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my order is getting close to shipping. A couple that I ordered are no longer available, so contacted to ask what to substitute with. Better than having them decide.

Woot! My order arrived today! Excited just like Christmas!! :kooi:
Very solid packaging..
IMAG1719.jpg

Lots of foam peanuts mean no breakages...
IMAG1720.jpg

Yes there's beers in there!
IMAG1721.jpg

Check out the handy hard plastic carry case.
IMAG1722.jpg

Oh yeah! Look at these beauties!
IMAG1723.jpg

Looking forward to getting into these tonight :icon_drool2:
IMAG1725.jpg

And look - free coasters!
IMAG1726.jpg

I ordered a case of rodenbach grand cru and a case of the duchesse de bourgogne , arrived 2 weeks ago, missus keeps putting them in the fridge, so much for rationing them out.
Came in the nice plastic cases and no breakages this time, lost couple of orvals last time.

Half mine arrived, the rest is on it's way.

new 004.JPG

Nice selection there, Batz!

I'm looking forward to comparing the tasting notes from Michael Jackson's book as i sample the sweet sweet nectar...... :icon_drool2:

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back