Again Free Shipping Costs at BelgianSHop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roastin said:
I'm gonna hold out till May and get it freshest when Im in Bruges and Ghent otherwise Id be in trouble with SWHMBO maxing out the visa.
Ok. I officially hate you.

Thanks De Halve Maan is definitely on the list. I was thinking of going to Duvel brewery but when I found out about Duvelorium it saved me the trip. Going to try to get to Gruut in Ghent among others.

Snow said:
Yep there is a lot more available in Brissy now, but I gotta say I'm looking forward to my Belgian imperial stout and IPA! (Not to mention some fresh-as Orval)
OK - a bit of an update on my order. This is just for your info only, not meant as a criticism of Belgianshoponline.com. Parks from this site, and another mate and I placed an order for about 40 bottles of beer for the free shipping deal. Took a few weeks, but the first package arrived with half the beers, but got intercepted by customs, who slugged us for $46. One bottle of Rodenbach had broken in transit and covered everything in beer. Customs still charged us for that bottle <_< . The second parcel arrived a week later and customs charged us around $21 for that one. This is my fourth order from the store over 4 years and the first time customs has pulled it up. Might be an aberration or might be just higher scrutiny from customs in our paranoid world. Either way, with the beer costs in US$ plus cu$toms, the beers certainly aren't particularly cheap, but.... they are super fresh and many are varieties you can't get here. That said, this is probably the last time I place an order there.

As an aside, our Imperial Stout never arrived. i e-mailed the store and they apologised and said they will credit the charges back to my card. I got crickets when I mentioned the broken bottle....

Cheers - Snow.

Snow said:
Ok. I officially hate you.
don't be a hater but I'm here now in Ghent at a Trappist beer bar sipping a St Bernadus 12 ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432613681.949824.jpg

Hi,

A lot of new beers have been added at www.belgianshop.com .

With special shipping cost :)

Cheers!!

Mllco

I received an email this morning, free shipping is on again. There is the usual minimum dollar amount to spend but I don't seem to be able to see the actual amount this time.
I've gone in on this the last few times, last time I did get hit by customs. :unsure: I'll be doing it again I guess.

Batz

Batz said:
I received an email this morning, free shipping is on again. There is the usual minimum dollar amount to spend but I don't seem to be able to see the actual amount this time.
I've gone in on this the last few times, last time I did get hit by customs. :unsure: I'll be doing it again I guess.

Batz
I haven't received the email yet, but did hear that those ordering on the last offer, got hit by customs.

What was the customs fee? About 10%?

Minimum spend is $199,
Batz said:
Minimum is $199. I've had an order in the cart for a couple of weeks now.
Slab of Roche 10
2 Straffe Hendrik Quads
1 Westy (20%off)
2 St Bernardus 12
= $199.03

I'm scared !! Resolve....crumbling....gnnngh

if you buy discounted things, it looks like the minimum spend is applied to the original price.
ie - 9 x westy 12 (at 20% off) = $160.56 - free shipping (full price $200.7)

Liam_snorkel said:
keep in mind the prices are in USD
Good point.

$199USD is ~$277 AUD and with a likely $50 on top from customs. Too rich for me.

Fold.

(sad now)

Just the glassware on this site excites me... I think my nearest and dearest would be pretty unhappy if I placed an order however.

Back