Ag In An Apartment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been a while between posts. Ive been away from home for a while and havnt been able to do much brewing at all. I will be moving out soon and most likley will be moving into an apartment. I currently have a full AG setup with a 2 tier system. The apartments im looking at all have balconys.

Would it be ok to do AG brews on an apartment balcony? I would like to try and avoid BIAG if i could.

Thanks,
Blake

It's fine. I brew on a balcony (BOAB :p ) and it's no problem. You'll just have to be creative with space. :D

Thanks Stuster,

How do you go about protecting the balcony flooring or cleaning up?

Thanks Stuster,

Become real friendly with the bloke below you. Let him be the second tier of the two tier brewing system.

Hey guys,

Been a while between posts. Ive been away from home for a while and havnt been able to do much brewing at all. I will be moving out soon and most likley will be moving into an apartment. I currently have a full AG setup with a 2 tier system. The apartments im looking at all have balconys.

Would it be ok to do AG brews on an apartment balcony? I would like to try and avoid BIAG if i could.

Thanks,
Blake

Do what Pistol Patch does and use the bath room if it has an exhaust fan. As a precaution use a mister with soapy water and test your rig for any gas leaks before you start that sort of thing indoors.

Cheers

Would it be ok to do AG brews on an apartment balcony?
He he he.. that's what I do. The most exciting step is adding the first portion of hops to the boil whilst on the balcony above they are having lunch... ;)

Alex

I have a tile under the burner to protect the paint on the balcony floor. Boil overs are really not too great, so it's best to just avoid them :lol: and/or mop up after you finish (or within the week at least :D ). The main pain is where you keep your gear. I have to lug everything up two flights of stairs, but I keep telling myself it makes the beer more well deserved if you have to work for it.

Back