AG Hoegaarden

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that sounds a lot for a single batch. Mine weighed @ 30g.I reckon less is better, if underdone you can always do what teh germans/dutchies do and wack a wedge of some citrus in the glass.
All my kegs are empty at present, but did 2 brews today, 2 brews in fermenter in fridges and 2 cubed to follow so things are on the up.

Thanks for posting the recipe
Looks good for my christmas day family beers. How long do you think from grain to glass? I was thinking four weeks would be peak but not familiar with brewing wits.
Cheers

Just made a 20l batch. First time making a witbier in the Hoegaarden style with the orange zest and coriander. Smells great and tastes great from the boil. Trying to revive a bit of WLP 351 I have had in the fridge for about 6 months so i can get this baby cranking.

malt_shovel said:
Thanks for posting the recipe
Looks good for my christmas day family beers. How long do you think from grain to glass? I was thinking four weeks would be peak but not familiar with brewing wits.
Cheers
For what it's worth , pitched mine on the Sunday, was firing Monday morning.Following Tuesday night set the ferm fridge to 0, and will keg/force carb @ lunchtime today and will be enjoying the first one this arvo, as I'm out of kegs and the weather is warming up I might not have any left in a month :chug:

Been using this base recipe for 6 years with very good results, originally from Chad I believe. Flour mixed to a paste with some water and added to the boil 5 min prior to flameout provides good haze.

Screwy
Code:
Witbier - All Grain single batch

Boil Size: 36 l

OG: 1.048 SG
Color: 3.2 SRM
IBU: 22.8 IBUs

Boil Time: 90 Minutes

2.550 kg Pilsner
1.150 kg Wheat Malt     
1.150 kg Wheat, Torrified  
0.250 kg Oats, Flaked
0.080 kg Acidulated Malt

25.00 g Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 60.0 min
20.00 g Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 30.0 min

1.00 tsp Cooking Salt (Boil 30.0 mins)

20.00 g Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 10.0 min

1.00 tbsp Wheat Flour (Boil 5.0 mins)
18.00 g Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 mins)
12.00 g Coriander Seed crushed (Boil 5.0 mins)

1.0 pkg Wyeast 3944
Code:
Mash Schedule

Protein Rest  53.00 C       30 min        
Saccrification 64.00 C       60 min        
Mash Out       77.00 C       20 min        

FG: 1.008  AA: 84.03

Back