Afl Tipping 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was sent wed/thurs.

Only trouble is i forgot to put my label on the bottle. I got lazy and didn't remove the labels from the case swap beer so it has the wrong name on it. I cant remember whose......

Anyway, it has the number 88 on the lid and is packed in a styrofoam wine box (i didnt put a senders address on it either - was having a blonde day)

Its an english barleywine, bottled in Feb. Enjoy!

contacted;..............recieved................someone sent a bottle of " not so special bitter" and i would like to put a name to it.

That would be me. :rolleyes:

Sometimes i wonder why i bother posting :icon_cheers:

Pfft the cats will kill the pies they only just beat the crows.

But i was still going for them tonight cant stand the crows.

what? are you gay or a port supporter?

any answer you give means there is something wrong with you!! :p

so a collingwood want to be then dj1984!!

Dr Smurto, thanks! i did go through my mail trying to figure it out, got lazy i guess. im really looking forward to trying the barleywine thats for sure!

so a collingwood want to be then dj1984!!

Dr Smurto, thanks! i did go through my mail trying to figure it out, got lazy i guess. im really looking forward to trying the barleywine thats for sure!

there are many words in english that have the same meaning...one noticable one is the saying 'dropped at birth' synonymous with 'port supporter' and 'collingwood supporter'. 'Carn the pies' is a derivative, not commonly used, but still the same :p ... :lol:

Oh dear,please don't tell Dr smurto...he'll have my bones pickling in a bank vault

Like i'd waste a perfectly good barrel (and the acid) on a port supporter :rolleyes:

Feed 'em to the pigs along with the pies supporters. :lol:

I am still in a state of shock after saturday night. First 1/4 we were on song albeit with the pies still asleep. Second 1/4 was an arm wrestle, third 1/4 was very very bad and the last 1/4 was nail biting.

The only positive i can take out of it is the young players got a taste of finals footy and that last 1/4 was finals footy at its best.

Cozmo - enjoy the barleywine, its drinking beautifully even though its young. Drink it warm - at least 12C. I am drinking it at room temp (out of my faux cellar) which is ~16C.

Looking like a Saints vs Cats GF. I cant see the doggies knocking off the saints, despite smashing the lions they just dont have the forward line or the midfield class to take down the saints. And the pies despite their heroics on Saturday will struggle against the best midfield in the comp.

But i was still going for them tonight cant stand the crows.

Tell me? You are a tormented Power supporter and Port Adelaide supporter :lol:
I really have no elegance to any club but I do get a kick out of the supporters.

I am still in a state of shock after saturday night. First 1/4 we were on song albeit with the pies still asleep. Second 1/4 was an arm wrestle, third 1/4 was very very bad and the last 1/4 was nail biting.
The only positive i can take out of it is the young players got a taste of finals footy and that last 1/4 was finals footy at its best.

It was a fantastic game would have been great to see a S.A side get up. What really gives me the shits is when a wanker like Michelangelo Rucci (who incidentally is a power supporter) from the Sunday Mail sports stated "Adelaide Choked" Honestly what a dickhead. Finals are just that, finals. Those who watched the game would have to agree that Adelaide did throw the game away. But!! They could have showed some true Power nature and completely throw it away in the last quarter.Yes they lost but they did not just roll over when Collingwood hit the front they actually wrestled the lead back when 11pts down! Stick that in your pipe Mr Rucci.
Anyway the best thing about Port finishing where they did is that they may pick up some good draft picks and get rid of the extra baggage besides what has already quit / retired.

BYB

Hey Cozmo, how about some taste reports mate :icon_chickcheers:

Sorry Mantis i havent tasted any yet, but when i do i will post my findings here. Which reminds me, after i go to the post office tomorrow and check on any new arrivals i will update who has sent a bottle or not, so far i have received 4 from 21!

Hi Coz

still haven't send mine waiting for my new CPBF to come but if it's not here buy the weekend then i'll just fill it off the tap and send it through

cheers

Russell

Sorry Mantis i havent tasted any yet, but when i do i will post my findings here. Which reminds me, after i go to the post office tomorrow and check on any new arrivals i will update who has sent a bottle or not, so far i have received 4 from 21!

Mine should be going out Friday or early next week, (sending one to BribieG so i'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone). Dont stress, she'll be there.... eventually. :lol:

Latest posts

Back