Advice for new brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoxR

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on upgrading. I am currently running a 20L single vessel like QLD Kevs setup. I have knocked out loads of good brews with it and am very happy with the results. The thing is I am a bit time poor and would like to knock out double or triple batches. I have purchased the controller that Lael is putting together with the group buy so I need to keep that in mind. I do have a simple element controller with a very good Watlow PID that is used to power a 3600 watt low watts density element.I am not sure but I think I remember reading that the new controller is not suitable for a HERMS system not sure why. I could build a larger version of my current setup or a RIMS system.
The major purchase will be the boil kettle but the size of this will be dependent on which way I go on the build, once I have decided the most suitable option it will be full steam ahead.
I would like to keep cost down and my kegs full so what do you guys think?

Thanks.

I got what you want and my friend wants the same too. On my advice, he is getting a CB 100L pot and using a modified 50L keg for the basket.

I used cheap pots and while they will probably last, my above suggestion is what I would do if they didnt.

Looks like a great buy Moad, but not for me mate. Eagleburger I will probably go for a CB pot in any case as they are local enough for me.
Like I said due to the fact I have the new controller coming I need to consider this to be the brains of the setup.
I was thinking I make a RIMS tube and use a 50 Liter keg that I already own for a recirculating mash setup.
I can purchase another keg or pot say around 40 liters for sparge water. While mashing is taking place I can heat sparge water in the boil kettle and then pump it to the keg or 40L pot.
After initial mash is pumped to the boil kettle I can sparge and mashout.
Use of to separate controllers but easy enough.

Back