Adelaide Mash Brewers Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
After ANHC and seeing what clubs are doing around the rest of the country a few of us have been inspired to try and get something going in Adelaide.

The idea is to have regular brew days, competitions and other functions like trips to breweries. We hope to get a BJCP study group together and organise an exam in Adelaide. Maybe we can even learn something from one another. Wayne/Domonsura has set up a temporary web site at http://adelaidemashbrewers.com. Information will go up there as things start happening.

We are going to try to avoid being too formal because nobody wants to deal with that stuff. We want to get people motivated so we can end up at the next ANHC with our wears on show. If you are keen keep an eye on the web site, send me a pm or just watch this thread.

As a start we are going to have a meet up at the Wheaty. The plan is to do this on Saturday 22 November at about 1500. Everyone is welcome to come along and the more people we get there the better. This will help us see what the interest level is like and what everyone else wants out of it. We can't really bring our own beer to the pub but it's a good central place to get together and see who is interested. Remember to check in at the web site and in this thread to see what is happening.

If you have any questions just post them in here.

Sounds good. I reckon I should be able to make it down to the Wheaty for that.

After ANHC and seeing what clubs are doing around the rest of the country a few of us have been inspired to try and get something going in Adelaide.

The idea is to have regular brew days, competitions and other functions like trips to breweries. We hope to get a BJCP study group together and organise an exam in Adelaide. Maybe we can even learn something from one another. Wayne/Domonsura has set up a temporary web site at http://adelaidemashbrewers.com. Information will go up there as things start happening.

We are going to try to avoid being too formal because nobody wants to deal with that stuff. We want to get people motivated so we can end up at the next ANHC with our wears on show. If you are keen keep an eye on the web site, send me a pm or just watch this thread.

As a start we are going to have a meet up at the Wheaty. The plan is to do this on Saturday 22 November at about 1500. Everyone is welcome to come along and the more people we get there the better. This will help us see what the interest level is like and what everyone else wants out of it. We can't really bring our own beer to the pub but it's a good central place to get together and see who is interested. Remember to check in at the web site and in this thread to see what is happening.

If you have any questions just post them in here.

Great idea. I have been having that same thought here in the Barossa. A group that is dedicated to AG and partial brewing that is. Brewed Saturday and had four prospective AG and partial brewers drop in. Two of which I had only met that day. It is amazing the amount of people that become inspired by just "dropping in" for a look. They tatse the fruits of labour and then realise how simple it can be to brew partials or AG. See how you go forming the Adelaide Mash Brewers. Never know I amy drop into the Wheaty if I am not brewing. The lead up to Xmas is rather busy :icon_cheers:

BYB

Yep, this has been a long time coming - given the number of mash brewers there are in Adelaide, it's about time a few more of us got together and had some fun :D
We'll develop the website as required and time allows over the next couple of weeks or so, but for now it's time for a bit of a show of hands. We'll go from there. There's an email link on the website to have your name added to the mailing list for info/updates.

Hope to see lots of brewers at the Wheaty on the 22nd!

Sounds good to me. Will get my mate involved and even try and get the missus involved when she isnt working at Roulettes

Sounds good. I would like to see how an AG brew is done by someone before going down that path myself.

Yes great initiative!

I shall be an apology, Saturday's are taken up with cricket for me at the moment... bottled the Nut Brown Ale this arvo though...

Cheers!

Very keen to see how this goes. Unfortunately I too will have to aplogise for the get together at the wheatsheaf, as I have a prior engagement (Mawson Swamps). If it finishes early though i'll try and call in.

Always keen to learn something new, or in the unlikely, pass some info on.

Cheers,

Leary

Sounds Awesome guys...

Love the idea of another BJCP study group - will have to ensure I get in this one...

On the BJCP thing. We have enough certified people to run an exam in Adelaide now. I'm happy to help with this if there is enough interest and drive from a group of people.

Count me in, I'll try and make it to the wheaty on the 22nd.

Funny thing is, since the club night at the ANHC I've been scouring the web looking for a club to get involved with here in Adelaide.

Perfect timing fellas. :beer:

Aaron,

You know I'm always up for an informal brew day and chat with other brewers. Unfortunately, Saturdays are taken up with cricket so I'll give the Wheaty a miss. I'll check out the website though and keep an eye on things and get along whenever I can.

Steve

You know I'm always up for an informal brew day and chat with other brewers. Unfortunately, Saturdays are taken up with cricket so I'll give the Wheaty a miss.

You need to get your priorities right. Ask yourself if you would rather be standing in the sun for six hours or holding up the bar and having Emerson's IPA.

I'll try to come, but I will be there late- probably about 5.00, I'm sure you guys will still be there then :D

I wrote a thread a while back asking why there isn't a club around here in adelaide!!!

so glad you have all decided to all join forces and make the best brew club in australia!

ill be in this brew group of course but see what happens with the wheaty depends how busy work is

I wrote a thread a while back asking why there isn't a club around here in adelaide!!!

so glad you have all decided to all join forces and make the best brew club in australia!

There is also the Wine Maker and Brewers club of Adelaide- I'm a member myself, it's quite a good club. It is a bit different to what this club will be like, I'll probably be a member of both.

Latest posts

Back