Adding gelatin ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drifting79

Reaction score
Hey guys I try not to ask to many stupid questions and try and find em

But here is my scenario

I cold crashed an American Amber ale after a three week ferment and then racked to the corny I've had 2 days at 2 deg C with 30 psi and now want to add gelatine
Should I be agitating the keg a bit after adding the gelatine ?

Also new to kegging so I want to know if it's ok to carbonate the keg before adding the gelatine and wether opening the keg to add the gelatine will destroy all the work of carbonating over the last few days ?

I generally add the gelatine as I am filling the keg from the fermenter, but you should be fine adding it now. There is no need to agitate the keg, just remove the lid and pour it in and 24hrs later after a pint or so of murk you should be drinking clear beer. You won't cause any harm removing the lid after carbonation, just remember to bleed the pressure off or you won't be removing the lid any time soon.

Thanks brown dog I have just added it as per your advice in future I will add it to the keg from the fermentor this will be my first keg of all grain
I have normally bottled but now I've got most of my gear up to speed with the big guys
Can't wait thanks to everyone on AHB

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

I have had great results with gelatine, i add it to on the 2nd day of CC then leave it for however long u want to CC then rack to keg and carb up

Latest posts

Back