Quantcast

Adding DME to Coopers Stout

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Tangentile

Reaction score
I was planning to add 1 kg of DME to a Coppers Stout kit as well as 1kg of dextrose. Is that going too make a very high ABV?

Also planning to use cluster hops.

Would love some feedback.

Tangentile

Reaction score
Thanks very much. Looks like it's worth a try. Love how it mellows as it ages.

Grmblz

Reaction score
Thanks very much. Looks like it's worth a try. Love how it mellows as it ages.
I've got some 2 yrs old, did it as a "what the heck, quick and easy" and am very happy with it, to the point I did it again about 6 months ago (haven't tried that one yet) be aware it climbs out of the fermenter. Bugger it I'm gonna crack one of the new ones now just for giggles.

Tangentile

Reaction score
Coming along nicely, another 3 months will be good, xmas perfect.
How brilliant. Just a quick question, I was going to use an S-05 yeast. Should I put two in or will one be enough?
Cheers,

Grmblz

Reaction score
Coopers recommends all 3 can yeasts (one is a lager) and that is what I used, if you go with S-05 you'll need 2 packs, this stuff finishes around 9%.

Paleman

Reaction score
On my to do list, ready for this time next year. Sitting around a fire pit with a few of these babies.

Grmblz

Reaction score
On my to do list, ready for this time next year. Sitting around a fire pit with a few of these babies.
Use a big fermenter or pressure ferment if you can, the krausen is ridiculous, and yes get one down now for next winter, it needs 6 months before being drinkable (unless yer desperate lol)

Latest posts