Adding DME to Coopers Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tangentile

Reaction score
I was planning to add 1 kg of DME to a Coppers Stout kit as well as 1kg of dextrose. Is that going too make a very high ABV?

Also planning to use cluster hops.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks very much. Looks like it's worth a try. Love how it mellows as it ages.
I've got some 2 yrs old, did it as a "what the heck, quick and easy" and am very happy with it, to the point I did it again about 6 months ago (haven't tried that one yet) be aware it climbs out of the fermenter. Bugger it I'm gonna crack one of the new ones now just for giggles.

Coming along nicely, another 3 months will be good, xmas perfect.

Attachments

• RIS.jpg
    RIS.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 38
Coopers recommends all 3 can yeasts (one is a lager) and that is what I used, if you go with S-05 you'll need 2 packs, this stuff finishes around 9%.

On my to do list, ready for this time next year. Sitting around a fire pit with a few of these babies.

On my to do list, ready for this time next year. Sitting around a fire pit with a few of these babies.
Use a big fermenter or pressure ferment if you can, the krausen is ridiculous, and yes get one down now for next winter, it needs 6 months before being drinkable (unless yer desperate lol)

Back