Absloute noob brewer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajcmbrown

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for the welcome, I have just completed my first ever brew, Coopers Home Brew Kit and it appears to be carbonating well in my 20-23 degree cool room (switched off) but I am yet to try it for taste.
This weekend will be two weeks carbonating so i will try it then..
Tony

Hi Tony,

Welcome. 20-23 is on the slightly high side, but not as bad as 25-30 degrees most noobs start at (courtesy of poor instructions).

Hope you enjoy your entry into brewing and the fun that goes with it and improving each brew.

I have an old fridge that I intend to keep my fermenter in at around 18 degrees with an stc1000, but for the moment I needed to put the bottled beer in a place that was dark and stable temperature, the cool room was the best option I had. I won't turn the cool room on as it costs around $45 per week to run at 2 degrees but I don't know if it will go as high as 18 on the thermostat. Normally it would be around 18-20 in there but with this heat we have had, it has pushed it up a bit.

Latest posts

Back