About To Change

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
I just scored a fridge with 2 taps, lines and 2 kegs off ebay for $350. I pick it up on Saturday, now all I need is a gas bottle. Anyone got any suggestions for where to get it from on the Gold Coast? By the way, I've got no idea what to do when I get it. Anyone want to come over and show me and drink some of my home brew while we muck around with setting it up?.

I just scored a fridge with 2 taps, lines and 2 kegs off ebay for $350. I pick it up on Saturday, now all I need is a gas bottle. Anyone got any suggestions for where to get it from on the Gold Coast? By the way, I've got no idea what to do when I get it. Anyone want to come over and show me and drink some of my home brew while we muck around with setting it up?.

You could buy a gas bottle from a HBS (around $300 I believe) or rent one from BOC or Air Liquide. Look in yellow pages for your area. I currently rent one from BOC ($150 per year + cost of gas). I'm only doing this because they wouldn't fill my privately owned bottle any more. After the year is up I will be going back to my bottle, have found out where to have it recertified and filled. You will also need a regulator. You're a bit far for me to help you set it up but there must be a few willing Gold Coast brewers out there.

The regulator comes with it. All I need is the gas bottle.

you can get a keg king 2.6kg cylinder off ebay for around $180 i think, i got mine about a year ago.
cost about $20 to get filled and lasts a fair few kegs.

cheers,

Stewart

you can get a keg king 2.6kg cylinder off ebay for around $180 i think, i got mine about a year ago.
cost about $20 to get filled and lasts a fair few kegs.

cheers,

Stewart

Yeah, I can get a 4 litre or 2.6 kilos for $150 plus $20 postage of ebay, but looking for a cheaper or bigger bottle.

you wont get a cheaper and bigger bottle. I think mines a 6kg hired from boc as said about $150 a year to hire and $23 to fill. you can pay weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly still same price a year just if you pay weekly if you want to stop you havnt forked out the whole year hire only that one week.

Latest posts

Back