Ableflex for a keggle insulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it would work as it is foam based, but being in 100mm strips could get annoying not only flammable if it is a gas fired keggle

My mash tun, HLT and germs vessel all have two layers of Abelflex on them.
Get the one that's sticky one side, it's really neat.
I've used the foil ducting tape that the air conditioning guys use over the top and it's come up really well.

uploadfromtaptalk1404130182662.jpg

TheCarbinator said:
My mash tun, HLT and germs vessel all have two layers of Abelflex on them.
Get the one that's sticky one side, it's really neat.
I've used the foil ducting tape that the air conditioning guys use over the top and it's come up really well.

attachicon.gif
IMAG1037.jpg
Slightly off topic, but I see like all good brewery's Andrew that your brew rig is in better nick than your shed!!!

Nice setup though mate!

:)

Baz

Hahah it's a good rig! How much did that silver tape set you back a roll? Mine is an electric brewery so I'm guessing it's not the high temp stuff?

Cheers

Is silver stuff the outside of a piece of AC ducting? Cause I remember when I was in the industry that the outside of the fibreglass ducting had a similar very durable outer casing designed to be R 06 fire compliant

bazfletch3 said:
Slightly off topic, but I see like all good brewery's Andrew that your brew rig is in better nick than your shed!!!

Nice setup though mate!

:)

Baz
Thanks Baz.

It's actually under the house, not the shed.
The brewery is definitely in much better condition all the same!

southcoastbrewer said:
Hahah it's a good rig! How much did that silver tape set you back a roll? Mine is an electric brewery so I'm guessing it's not the high temp stuff?

Cheers

I actually don't know, I don't even know what it's called.
My friend who is an refrigeration mechanic got it for me from work.
It has a paper backing.

No I don't believe it is high temp, it's mainly to keep all of the Abelflex together and for looks.
I'm sure it does have some insulating properties though.

Latest posts

Back