A Quiet Night In With Friends

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
beers.jpg

Cantillon Gueuze, Dupont Saison, Gage Roads Saison and Tripel.

They're going to help me through a bottling session on a quiet friday night in. Sitting back with the Cantillon right now, very refreshing. Marmaladey up front, lovely hazy orange colour. Nice sweaty sourness with an interesting texture and much more approachable than I was expecting. A perfect way to kick off the night.

Salut! :party:

What's the matter? No homebrew to drink?

Some people just have to brag don't they :)

Benniee

Goddammit! Why didn't I buy a Cantillon when i was in bloody Belgium! Hindsight is a terrible thing.

Just out of interest, where did you get the Gage Roads beers from? Never knew they made either of those.

bought locally at the freo doctor liquor store, but i believe they have been shipped east too. if you can't read the label, a run of 4500 bottles each and all hand-capped.

benniee, i do have a stellar freshly-bottled apa handy but this evening is reserved for the night of the living funk :)

How I'd love to try a Cantillon again. All I can remember is not exactly liking it at the brewery, but I was young and unknowing then

Very nice Kai. I hope you enjoy and we expect a full review of these beers in the morning.

C&B
TDA

i don't think I was up for a full review sorry mark, though I do remember the gage saison was maltier than I was expecting and had a honeyed hint of what might have been diacetyl. Had a pillowy head good enough to sleep on. Then the gage tripel made me feel a little mellow and I had to retire for the evening.

Drinking the dupont right now and it's superb.

That careless looking wax on the Gage Roads beers really looks the goods. Love it! Just hope they taste as good as they look. Can already vouch for the Dupont. Superb. :)

Enjoy Kai.

Warren -

i'm just about to pop open a bottle of dupont with some mates never tried it and going to compare my untasted saison to it (never tasted a saison but thought they sounded good so gave it a brew, should be interesting)

Latest posts

Back