A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are more...

IMG_5432_1.jpg

IMG_5433_1.jpg

IMG_5434_1.jpg

IMG_5435_1.jpg

IMG_5436_1.jpg

IMG_5439_1.jpg

IMG_5441_1.jpg

IMG_5442_1.jpg

IMG_5443_1.jpg

IMG_5446_1.jpg

IMG_5447_1.jpg

IMG_5449_1.jpg

IMG_5450_1.jpg

Hmm, I have heard of dark thick stouts being likened top sump oil, but actually serving Mobil 1 at a beer meeting is pushing it too far :p

Ahhh thats my Pork Knuckle.

Damn it was good!

Just a quick note to thank our kind raffle prize donors fopr last nights offering;

The Home Brew Inn at Charlestown
Murray's Brewing
and Mark's Home Brew.

The continued support of these guys is a big help with our kick off, so get in and support the people that support us.

On a side note, I had a fantastic night last night, great food and great beer. I was particularly impressed with loftboy's Citra SMASh, and goathearder's mild. It was great to learn some stuff about the Ringwood yeast profile. Thanks to all the others whose beer I managed to get a tatse of as well, didn't get a bad one all night.

Keep your eyes peeled next week for an email, looks like we might have a bit of stuff happening sooner than we thought.

Cheers,

schooey

Any further developments on this one, I haven't seen an email as yet. :unsure:

Woah how cut am I, I didn't realise this was going on. Shooey, sent you a PM toadd me to the email list.

When is the next meet?

i missed the meeting last month, due to family commitments....dont start.

when is the next one? the 12 or 19th?

i missed the meeting last month, due to family commitments....dont start.

when is the next one? the 12 or 19th?

The next meeting is the 19th. Should be a 6:00pm arrival for 6:30pm start, same as last time.

Hi All,

Indeed the next meet is the 19th of March. Last meeting we decided to bring a Hefeweizen along for the next meeting, a Bitter for the April meeting and a Schwarzbier for the meeting in May.

Our newly elected education officer, Mick Beavis, has been doing some work in the background around this and we have some good stuff planned for the next meeting. Mick will be giving a background talk on Hefe's to kick things off, followed by a break up into a few groups for some tasting of everyone's efforts. David Lamotte will be assisting the tastings from a BJCP point of view.

Following this, Les Wever or 'El Hefe' as I've heard touted since his recent election as president, will be giving a short talk and Q&A session on recipe formulation. To finish things up, Kieth Grice from the Hunter Beer Co. will be giving a short talk about Hefeweizen from a pro brewer's perspective.

I'm sure you will all agree that this should be a very fun and informative meeting to attend, so get yourself along. If you haven't managed to get a Hefe underway, don't panic you posiibly still have time... :p

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,

Schooey

Damn... I only just saw this. I've recently finished off the last of a batch of hefe too :(

Well I'll turn up on Friday anyway sans hefe ... Appreciate the heads up with the schedule for the next couple of months! I've get ingredients for a bitter already ready to be brewed and I'll put down a schwartz too!

Hi Guys... Apologies for the short message and also the lack of email coming forth. H'm
Currently typing from my phone due to the death of my laptop, the same laptop tgat has the emaij database for the brew club... I do have an earlier tersion saved elsewhere bnd the nanes that are missing i can get from previous sent emails. I will do my be7t to get this out tomorrow when i get back from interstate. Again, apologies for any inconvenience and for the crap spelling; big thumbs liutle buttons

Hi Guys,

Looking up a couple of posts I can see that Schooey mentions that the next meeting is this Friday (19th March). Now I'm completely unprepared and have nothing to bring but myself, and I'm not on any email lists - so is it alright to just lob up and say G'Day.

I've probably bumped into a few faces during the early BJCP stuff Dave organised.

If it is ok can someone fill me in on the time and place?

Thanks,
Benniee

Can't be there, yet again.

Will be in Sydney, seeing as daughter dear gets married this Saturday.

We are seriously thinking about moving from Port Mac to the Hunter region, perhaps somewhere quiet like Morpeth, which would make things easier.

Hi Guys,

Looking up a couple of posts I can see that Schooey mentions that the next meeting is this Friday (19th March). Now I'm completely unprepared and have nothing to bring but myself, and I'm not on any email lists - so is it alright to just lob up and say G'Day.

I've probably bumped into a few faces during the early BJCP stuff Dave organised.

If it is ok can someone fill me in on the time and place?

Thanks,
Benniee

Hi Benniee,

The meeting is on tomorrow evening at 6.00pm for a 6.30 pm start. As usual, it's at the Germania Club on Hillsborough Road (Just up from Warners at the Bay). I don't think anyone is going to give you a hard time for turning up without a beer since you've only just found out about it. Come along and meet some fellow Hunter Brewers...

Bugger. Going down to Sydney for the weekend... where I have a hefeweizen that should be ready to bottle! :wub:

Maybe next time.

Was nice to see some familar faces again, and also meet some new brewers on Friday night.

I'm not on schooey's email list - so if anyone knows an email address to send a message to just let me know.

Was nice to see some familar faces again, and also meet some new brewers on Friday night.

I'm not on schooey's email list - so if anyone knows an email address to send a message to just let me know.

just pm him here

G'day All

Just a quick note to thank all who turned up for Fri's meeting. I think we had a pretty good night.

A big thanks to MHB (Mark's Home Brew) for the raffle prizes - greatly appreciated.

Another big thanks to Bigfridge for presenting the guided tasting and introduction to beer assessment. Very informative

I've fwd the minutes of the meeting Schooey but as per previous posts (broken laptop) he won't be able to send them out until he gets everybody's contact details.

Cheers

Shmick

The official club email is still

[email protected]

Schooey has requested everybody update their details with him after his computer trouble.

Cheers
Shmick

A big thank you to Shmick for running the meeting and organising the Hefe session. Also big thanks to Dave for assisting and organising the guided tastings. Mick has forwarded the minutes of the meeting to me and I have a few jobs to follow up on.

A bit of Good news, I have managed to recover all of the details for brewers for the first meeting, and email addresses for most others. Thanks to those who have sent through their details in advance. I will send all the remaining email addresses I don't have details for a message and ask them to respond. I'm off to see the Germania club in the morning about future dates, and will post an update here tomorrow as well as email

Cheers,

Schooey

Latest posts

Back