A fine mess you made of this Malcolm.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UB 40 (band) was named for the UK form UB 40 that was the unemployment benefit "sign on" form (= unemployment benefit 40) everyone had to fill out physically every week at the "labour exchange" in the days before computers and online services. Filled out a couple myself back in those days.

Apart from that I still don't get the reference either.

Bribie G said:
UB 40 (band) was named for the UK form UB 40 that was the unemployment benefit "sign on" form (= unemployment benefit 40) everyone had to fill out physically every week at the "labour exchange" in the days before computers and online services. Filled out a couple myself back in those days.

Apart from that I still don't get the reference either.
Groupie,groupie, UB40 groupie......yeah had a few couldn't help myself.....

Bridges said:
In other news why have they stopped counting? When it's a forgone conclusion yeah no worries take a couple of days off. When it's this close surely you keep counting.
They had to stop counting so that they can be more secure and make sure they have all the ballot boxes locked away.

After the wonderful time they had when they 'lost' some ballot boxes for WA they followed recommendations to secure ballot boxes. I think they have to check to make sure that the number of ballot boxes from each polling place is in the secure lock-up.

Adds time to doing the counting but both parties are going to have their scrutineers pawing over the forms trying to find any reason to discount votes against and approve votes for so it's going to be a drawn out process.

Its probably the closest election we have had yet

If the LNP dont win then Scott Morrison is likely to self combust....bit like that burning tree in the Bible

If it was not for the lnp anti add (fake tradie) I wouldn't have voted labor.
Every thing he said labor was going to do sounded great to me, if only they had the balls to take on the banks the construction industry, big business, specially those that don't pay tax and the baby boomers with there government founded investments.

I could have told Malcolm that this was no time for his double dissolution election.

I thought they changed the voting to ensure that looney minors did NOT get get in. Welcome back, Pauline! Let that be a lesson to take my reading glasses to the polls with me.

Until we see some real leadership, we're stuck with a hung parliament, I'm afraid.

This was an unpaid and unsolicited sociopolitical comment made far too early in the morning.

Nobody but nobody trusts a Poly and a Multi Millionaire not a chance you Smug Btard. Same applies to that Moron Donald Trump.

If Malcolm wants to get some favour then cut back that outlandish obscene excise tax on beer the biggest ripoff ever with the automatic cost of living rise every 6 months. We would be doubly screwed if it ever went back to the 70s with 16% inflation.

Crickey $100.00 for a case of decent IPA from Dan's somebody should be hanged drawn and quartered for that crime.

Les the Weizguy said:
I could have told Malcolm that this was no time for his double dissolution election.

I thought they changed the voting to ensure that looney minors did NOT get get in. Welcome back, Pauline! Let that be a lesson to take my reading glasses to the polls with me.

Until we see some real leadership, we're stuck with a hung parliament, I'm afraid.

This was an unpaid and unsolicited sociopolitical comment made far too early in the morning.
They should not use the term ' hung parliament ' they are giving the voters false hope.

Tyred said:
They had to stop counting so that they can be more secure and make sure they have all the ballot boxes locked away.

After the wonderful time they had when they 'lost' some ballot boxes for WA they followed recommendations to secure ballot boxes. I think they have to check to make sure that the number of ballot boxes from each polling place is in the secure lock-up.

Adds time to doing the counting but both parties are going to have their scrutineers pawing over the forms trying to find any reason to discount votes against and approve votes for so it's going to be a drawn out process.
Or they might be having trouble reading the ballots because people drew cocks all over them where the LNP box was.

image.jpeg

wide eyed and legless said:
For the first time I voted Labor, not wanting them to win but as a protest against that poser Turnbull, maybe now he will get the message that to be a Prime Minister is not about a popularity contest, its all about achievement, to use an old cliche 'If you talk the talk you must walk the walk ' something Turnbull can't do.
Must say I have been impressed with Peta Credlin's comments on Sky News.
You may as well as voted SEP. At least they're honest about their Trotskyism ideology. I know I did.
But thats only because I couldn't find a fatherly dictator type to do my thinking for me, re-write history and NOT privatize medicare. Oh...so scary. Thank goodness Labor brought that to everybodys attention.
Neither could I find the personality politics candidate. So I ordered my preferences according to hair length.
Democracy at work.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Its probably the closest election we have had yet

If the LNP dont win then Scott Morrison is likely to self combust....bit like that burning tree in the Bible
I expect he almost did that on Sunday, I bet he was at Hillsong leaping up and down and clapping like a mob of apes "glory, praise, glory"...

Definition of Hillsong: more clapped out Magnas than a Motor Finance Wizard's car lot.

Anyway, I voted for the Shooters & Fishers Party, and the SEX Party...If only there was a Homebrewers Party.....would have been a perfect trifecta

I never understood (and still don't) the 'Mad Monk' reference.

Do younger folk gleefully use this derogatory term because it's what their leftie parents tell them to think, or if you're in the same age bracket, do you have personal experience and bitterness re his taking on the leftie student body in his Uni days?

And as for the LNP trying Malcolm a second time, this illustrates the triumph of hope over experience.

evoo4u said:
I never understood (and still don't) the 'Mad Monk' reference.
He was a Jesuit Priest and spent time in a Monastery...hence the reference

Being called Abbot(t) didn't help either.
Other derogatory names that you can use, say in the Guardian comments where it will be instantly understood who you are referring to are:
Clownshoes (due to his funny walk)
The Chimp (quite obvious)
Tiny Rabbit

I've been trying to get Johnny cab recognised but it hasn't taken off yet, probably too late now. :ph34r:

johnny cab 1.jpgjohnny cab 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back