A Few Hops Questions.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanga

Reaction score
Hey!

I've probably missed the hops boat for this year. Things are heating up quickly. But on the off chance I haven't...

I've just moved house into a more brew-friendly place. Bare back-yard and a fellow brewer for a house-mate. Time to put some hops in me-thinks. What would you recommend for us?

Will probably try and get hold of a Pride of Ringwood.

I have brewed a lager (well, lager style with ale yeast) out of a tin which, being Aussie was probably POR and turned out well. We both like the darks - so perhaps a POR would work there? Something more aromatic as well?

I also plan on getting into brewing Ales and Wheat beers. I like my wheats delicately hopped (ie not too bitter). They don't need it with the sourness. What would be the best flavoursome little beasty I could use there?

That's just some of the hops questions I have at this uneducated stage. If you have some knowledge you think might help please throw it my way and educate me =).

I'm after hops as well, i believe there are rhyzomes to be had for planting around May, perhaps we need an "i want hops for love or money thread"

I'm after hops as well, i believe there are rhyzomes to be had for planting around May, perhaps we need an "i want hops for love or money thread"
Yep you are to late for this growing/planting season.I will have more zomes next planting season.Pre order if you like.Got cheap pellet hops on the site now for next few days..
GB

Mate, just tried to order some POR for my Melbourne lookalike but can't pay you because my bank insists I set up an external tranfer password, have to ring them and they will in the fullness of time will send me a password in the mail.

No paypal or Visa???

Good price but makes it hard

Cheers.

Thanks guys! Can we get Hallertau rhizomes in Oz? I'll be looking out for them. I'd love to swap for some hops come the season, but don't really have anything that a brewer'd want. My beer certainly isn't up to it yet. Money I can give though. Love... I'd really rather not =p.

Latest posts

Back