A Case Of What ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
A few years back I did a job and went the extra mile for the customer and my boss of the time rang to thank me and asked what my favourite beer was.
At that time it was Goesser Dark which is an Austrian beer from Graz which you can get in Sydney.
Got home from work that day and there was a case sitting on my door step.

So to go all hyperthetical, if you were offered a case of beer that you got to chose what it was, what would you choose ?
Remember it has to be available in the town/city you live in, in order for it to be located (hyperthetically by your boss) and delivered to your house.

Beers,
Doc

pilsner urquell or maybe dogbolter (available?) or the winter standby - guinness

Doc said:
A few years back I did a job and went the extra mile for the customer and my boss of the time rang to thank me and asked what my favourite beer was.
At that time it was Goesser Dark which is an Austrian beer from Graz which you can get in Sydney.
Got home from work that day and there was a case sitting on my door step.

So to go all hyperthetical, if you were offered a case of beer that you got to chose what it was, what would you choose ?
Remember it has to be available in the town/city you live in, in order for it to be located (hyperthetically by your boss) and delivered to your house.

Beers,
Doc
[post="101103"][/post]​

Bloody hell Doc, up here in bundy there is no choice, hmm let me think XXXX, VB, Carlton Draught??? I would have to settle for (given your restrictions) a mixed carton of Malt Shovel <_< oh well.

Cheers
Andrew

I was asked this at the end of a big commissioning job and before i could reply i had a slab of Heineken in my hands.

He took off before I could say Schofferhoffer.

I didn't complain, I had no HB on hand at the time.

That is tough Doc, I have the same problem as Andrew.

There isn't much here. I have seen LCPA around, plus sometimes a few specialties. There was Hoegaarden Wit around at Christmas, plus one bottlo had a case of Forbidden Fruit sitting on the counter they were specialing off to get rid of it.

So a mixed case of Hoegaarden please, but I suspect either the boss won't find it, or it will be old stock that has been sitting around for yonks. :(

Instead, could I have a bottle of single malt Scotch please?

leffe blond or chimay trippel atm
(~$180 a carton in ADL?)

To pick something that is available and something I would drink a whole case of in a reasonable time frame......

I would have to go for the Westmalle 12 I think. A great beer and very easy drinking.

Have found a few bottles of Shepherd Neame Spitfire Ale up here so would ask for that, though would have to provide a backstop option of LCPA, Guiness or Schofferhoffer.

Give me $50.00 thanks

I'll brew my own :super:

Batz

Even though I have yet to find it, I am sure my boss has better resources than me, and would be able to locate a slab of Gambrinus for me.

Cheers :D

Lowenbrau Original.. it's my favorite beer at the moment :D

My boss:

1_23_083105_looters2.jpg

* google images and lots of beer is a deadly combo :wacko:

Doc said:
[post="101103"][/post]​
I haven't tried many foreign beers so my choice is probably very boring in comparison but I'm a big fan of Belhaven Scottish Ale. The only reason I tried it in the first place was because I wanted to try beer from my parents country of birth. I'm glad I did.

A case of anything at all? it would be a case of beer I brewed for myself. If not, a case another generous homebrewer brewed for me. Not that I'm saying I can do better, it's just easier that way, you know.

Definitely Urquell by air freight if I'm not paying. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back