A Case Of What ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your right,did that my next beer is gunna have some honey in it..............

Tony M said:
Sitting here in Prague, I'm shedding a tear for you blokes. The Urquell is so fresh the Saaz is mouth puckering and the Kozel Cerni is sliding down like nectar. And there is a mind numbing selection of other beers from neighbouring countries that I've never heard of.
And........... this is the bit that will make you sick. A crate of Kozel (20 X 500ml.) is 200 CzK. Thats 55 cents a bottle folks!!! Urquell really hits the old hip pocket. Its nearly 70 cents/500ml. Har, Har, Har.
[post="101340"][/post]​

Tony.

While you're there try and organize a trip to the Staropramen brewery over in Prague 5. Not too far on the tram. The complimentary pint from the lagering tanks is to die for. :rolleyes:

Also if you can seek out some off-street tavern that has Krusovice on tap you'll be suprised at how much better it fares in it's native environment. You may even only wind up paying the overly-inflated price of about 40c a pint. :beerbang: Pairs up well with the knedlo, zelo, vepro. :beer: :

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Tony.

While you're there try and organize a trip to the Staropramen brewery over in Prague 5. Not too far on the tram. The complimentary pint from the lagering tanks is to die for. :rolleyes:

Warren -
[post="101802"][/post]​
Warren,
Staropramen is about to be knocked down for residential sites. Presumably it is still working as the doors were open when I drove past a couple of days ago. One of the megabrewers (South Efrican I think) owns it. You are right about the freshness of the beer in the bars, they are an absolute delight but I've found that some of the bars appear to have special "tourist" kegs as I've been to places where the beer seemed somewhat diluted.

More than likely I'll give him a list of grains, hops and yeast to buy... then I'd invite him over and brew it. Teach him all about beer!

But if I didn't like my boss, I'd ask for Little Creatures Pale Ale, or James Squire Golden Ale. Seems to be my favourite summer beers at the moment.

A case of Duvel or Speckled Hen.

When I was in a band we always used to always get given two cases of VB on the rider even when we begged to swap 2 cases of VB for one case of more palatable
euro lager the venues would not relent. We would end up hurtling cans of VB out of the tour van as grenades on the way back to the hotel.
Now years later, at my current job, although most customers know not to bring us VB this year we were handed a case VB for a job well done. Well they couldn't have thought too much of it because the crap was 5 months past the use by date and even the most undesenring beer drinkers wouldn't touch it. We binned it and sent the carton with the expiry date back to where it came from.

mikem108 said:
Now years later, at my current job, although most customers know not to bring us VB this year we were handed a case VB for a job well done. Well they couldn't have thought too much of it because the crap was 5 months past the use by date and even the most undesenring beer drinkers wouldn't touch it. We binned it and sent the carton with the expiry date back to where it came from.
[post="101858"][/post]​

Slightly off topic, but I went to a conference this year. They served up cans of VB that had the 2003-2004 cricket series advertised on them.
They were free and you could drink as many as you liked :( Funny thing is people were knockin em back as fast as they could.

the wicked ale brewery we have over here in wa is x lent a little expensive but worth it .dirty dans dark delight is to die for i love it.

When I left my last job my leaving gift was a mixed case of Belgan and German beers.

From memory it was a couple each of - Duvel, Chimay (red, blue and white), Hoegarden (Grand Cru and forbidden fruit I think it was called), Schofferhoffer (Heffe and Kristelweizen), Belle Vue Framboise (the missus snaffled that).

That went down a treat.

Cheers
Dave

I would have to say MG Hightail Ale or Bridge Road Brewers Australian Ale.

Or if he cant get past coles or safeway I'll have a JS Pils

I still haven't been able to get the local beer outlets to source any Gambrinus for me, however they brought in a case of Emerson's pilsner for me. MMMMmmmmmm, CRISP, PREMIUM ORGANIC LAGER. What an absolute taste sensation. Without a doubt, this is the beer what I'd want my boss to buy for me.

Cheers :)

Thats easy, a case of Klaus's Dark Ale. Brewed in Beechworth by the Bridge Road Brewers. My boss has a fuel card so he can drive 1 1/2 hours to get it.

Hey Chippy, I think you'll find his name is Kraus, not Klaus. Ben Kraus.
And I must admit he is brewing some damn fine beer at the moment. Keep an eye on this lad in the future, he is good.

I drank a lot of his beer when we were de-commissioning the 'other' brewery in Beechworth to bring back here to SA.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back