A Case Of What ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kramer said:
Powers Gold...... :ph34r: Its cheap and easy to come by!........
[post="101276"][/post]​

i didnt realise the powers brand still existed. Kramer, is gold the only one available ?

(fond memories of powers bitter?)

A carton of TED , please!

No, I dare not ask, as I'd get one bought for me b4 I could tell the boss that I was joking and what I really would like is a case of Czech Budweiser. Yep, Czech! They call it Budvar here. Not that US Budweiser. Snaked the name etc... Don't get me started!

...unless there is another classy pils that comes in larger, 500ml bottles? Maybe Kozel?

(to borrow a clever farewell...) beers

Seth :p

Kramer said:
Good on ya Doc, I live in Gladstone so I have the same problem as Andrew :( All I can get here is the usual megaswill! So I will have to go................................

Powers Gold...... :ph34r: Its cheap and easy to come by!........ Now slipping into my flame suit! Hope it works!
[post="101276"][/post]​
When I lived in Gladstone the Young Australian (cnr Tank and Auckalnd St) always had the best selection, but that's not saying much at all. The other places had XXXX and bundy, thats about it. Oh, and crownies for when the boss was shouting.

Weizguy said:
No, I dare not ask, as I'd get one bought for me b4 I could tell the boss that I was joking and what I really would like is a case of Czech Budweiser. Yep, Czech! They call it Budvar here. Not that US Budweiser. Snaked the name etc... Don't get me started!

...unless there is another classy pils that comes in larger, 500ml bottles? Maybe Kozel?

[post="101335"][/post]​

Sitting here in Prague, I'm shedding a tear for you blokes. The Urquell is so fresh the Saaz is mouth puckering and the Kozel Cerni is sliding down like nectar. And there is a mind numbing selection of other beers from neighbouring countries that I've never heard of.
And........... this is the bit that will make you sick. A crate of Kozel (20 X 500ml.) is 200 CzK. Thats 55 cents a bottle folks!!! Urquell really hits the old hip pocket. Its nearly 70 cents/500ml. Har, Har, Har.

Going to Ceske Budejovice (Budvar) or Pilzen Tony? They are both well worth the day trip if only to sample the unfiltered versions. Lucky *******. :chug: :beer:

Dear Tone,

<abbrev>Sitting here in Prague, I'm shedding a tear for you blokes.</abbrev>
Nooooooooo, that's not what I asked! I said "Please have a beer for us while you're there", not "shed a tear 4 us while ur there".

OK, now according to my count...Well 129 beers is good, but U haven't even started on your beer yet.

We now have 1819 members, so, in order to have a beer for each of us, you need to downsize your portions, and scull up! :beerbang:

If U have any intention of having a beer 4 urself while ur there, U better get drinking, coz ours come first. You know we'll get one 4 U when we go there, dont U? :beer:

luv

Yeah Tony, you're a complete *******!

However, you could find your back into our good books by shameless bribery, with perhaps some fine eastern european beers (if you can find any, that is).

Never tried Pilsner Urquell but I reckon after a case I'd have acquired a taste for it :)

Josh,

I reckon you'd need less than a case,...unles you're a hardcore TED drinker.

Either way, an entire carton of this fluid should convert U.

Testify!!

Sorry Boss..., I hope U haven't bought that beer 4 me yet.

I've decided that I want a case of Topvar. Yeah, the ones with the scratch-off bikinis on the girly labels.
That's what I'm talking about!

Seth

If it was to be from the supermarket, probably something like Fullers London Porter, or Westmalle Dubbel.

If they were to go to a beer shop then any Drie Fontaine, Cantillon or even just Rodenbach :)

Doc said:
A few years back I did a job and went the extra mile for the customer and my boss of the time rang to thank me and asked what my favourite beer was.
At that time it was Goesser Dark which is an Austrian beer from Graz which you can get in Sydney.
Got home from work that day and there was a case sitting on my door step.

So to go all hyperthetical, if you were offered a case of beer that you got to chose what it was, what would you choose ?
Remember it has to be available in the town/city you live in, in order for it to be located (hyperthetically by your boss) and delivered to your house.

Beers,
Doc
[post="101103"][/post]​

Swan Stout !

Nothing better than having a BBQ in your mouth while youre having a beer too ! :p

Tony M said:
Weizguy said:

[post="101335"][/post]​

Sitting here in Prague, I'm shedding a tear for you blokes. The Urquell is so fresh the Saaz is mouth puckering and the Kozel Cerni is sliding down like nectar. And there is a mind numbing selection of other beers from neighbouring countries that I've never heard of.
And........... this is the bit that will make you sick. A crate of Kozel (20 X 500ml.) is 200 CzK. Thats 55 cents a bottle folks!!! Urquell really hits the old hip pocket. Its nearly 70 cents/500ml. Har, Har, Har.
[post="101340"][/post]​
AAAAHHH! I dont want to hear this. I'm going to bed.Dream of fresh Urquell on tap!
Goodnight.

i had a case of hansa beer once it was nice realy cold ,got it in melb.was cheap as too.

mate - search and links buttons up the top + google
if you've done 10 minutes of research youself and still have a question about honey beers, by all means fire away....

Latest posts

Back