9l Kegs Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyAnchovy

Reaction score
Hi All,

there must be some wretched souls out there, who like me missed the 9L keg boat. Lets see if we can get enough interest to warrant another bulk buy

1) JonnyAnchovy (1 keg)

Yup, I was so dirty I missed out I went and bought a march pump instead!

1) JonnyAnchovy (1 keg)
2) Wakkatoo (2 kegs) maybe 3 if mate is interested.

Despite the huge number in the last buy, I'm confident that we'll get a few. looks like there was a bunch of pissed off people who just missed out on the last one.

Better get on this one as i dont think their will be many wanting them if we get a good turn out

1) JonnyAnchovy (1 keg)
3) Kingy (1 Keg )
4) Kleiny (1 keg) maybe 2? depends on timing

Jonny you should PM REG to find out the details (he might be able to give you a heads up)

Move house, don't have the internets for a week and waddya miss out on.........

1) JonnyAnchovy (1 keg)
3) Kingy (1 Keg )
5) jlm, (1, maybe 2)

pm sent to reg for details- I'll chase up quotes tomorrow. I'd say we need an order of 10 to make it worthwile. Any suggestions re logistics?

Any suggestions re logistics?

Jonny,

With the last one, Reg organised it with Andrew from Wineequip. Once the list was finalised Andrew was given the list and each person could ring Andrew, pay for their keg and for shipment to wherever they wanted it. Had to be an address to sign for it, as it was sent via courier. Cost at the time was $115 per keg and $12 per keg delivery. This price for the keg may change now with the failing economy but Andrew will be able to sort that out for you.

If you live in Melb they are happy for you to drop in and pick up. I personally found the service from Wineequip fantastic and had my kegs on the door step the next morning at 10am (Paid for at 2pm one day delivered next)

Good luck with the BB, I can honestly say I am glad I have the 2 I got, who knows maybe is SWMBO let's me I may grab another, but I doubt it. :p

Cheers

HK

Thanks for the details - sounds very easy indeed! I'm already impressed with the response, especially considering how many were just ordered.

As long as the wife doesn't find out :ph34r:

1) JonnyAnchovy (1 keg)
3) Kingy (1 Keg )
5) jlm, (1, maybe 2)
6) Bulp (1)

Damn, timing not good, just spent a fortune on stuff to go AG :(

Thanks for the details - sounds very easy indeed! I'm already impressed with the response, especially considering how many were just ordered.

JA,

The reason there are so many people still wanting them is that last time Winequip ran out of stock & stopped any more in the buy. If i were you I'd be ringing winequip first & making sure they now have stock & what the price is going to before getting peoples hopes up. Good luck with it though.

cheers Ross

JA,

The reason there are so many people still wanting them is that last time Winequip ran out of stock & stopped any more in the buy. If i were you I'd be ringing winequip first & making sure they now have stock & what the price is going to before getting peoples hopes up. Good luck with it though.

cheers Ross

How much are we loking at?

If the price is right rack me up for two.
Does anybody know how much it would be for all the extra bits to get it set up (Approx)

90% sure when i went to pick mine up in the last bulk buy the guy at winequip said the next price would be around the $160-$180 mark.

From the other thread
Those in Melbourne can pick up from our warehouse at 59 Banbury Rd Reservoir if they wish.

For the interstate customers, you can contact us directly on 1300 882 850 and organise payment/shipment.
As a guide, shipping of a single keg using our freight coy would be approx as follows to metro areas:

- Sydney $12
- Adelaide $12
- Perth $17
- Brisbane $14

It needs to be to an address (eg work) where someone will be during business hours to accept delivery.

If you wish, you can combine orders together which should save a little on freight.

Rgds
Quip (Andrew)

Good luck with it. As Fents said though he cut the order short due to running out of kegs so dont be dissapointed if he hasnt got them.

Cheers
Reg

Bad news,

Looks like this isn't going to happen quickly - Winequip aren't expecting any more stock for 5 weeks or so. I'm calling around to other retailers to see if anyone is interested, but it seems pretty obvious that we won't be getting the same killer deal - probably be a few pennies more.

Bad news,

Looks like this isn't going to happen quickly - Winequip aren't expecting any more stock for 5 weeks or so. I'm calling around to other retailers to see if anyone is interested, but it seems pretty obvious that we won't be getting the same killer deal - probably be a few pennies more.

at least there should be a long list by then...

Im happy to wait 5weeks as then i can scrounge some more cash to get 2

If they go up to $160ea im probably out as thats pretty steep +post

Maybe see if anybody else can match the last price or come close with supply

Depending on price I may be interested in thee of them.
5 or more weeks wait doesn't bother me.

Did this buy end up getting off the ground? I know it was ages ago but I'm pretty keen for one of these little fellas.
Is there interest in getting it going again? I'd be happy if I could save ~$50 off the going retail price.

Dane/Mods: if my post is breaking the bulk buy rules please delete. :)

Back