98l (or Other) Stainless Steel Pot Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a link to some photos from the supplier I got the quote from. I've put it on google plus so not sure if it will work...

SS pots

OK. I think we are about at the limit.

So we have a total of:

7 x 98L = 665
3 x 71L = 249.60

= 914.6 so we are under $1000.

I will proceed to get a final quote for the above. I have been informed the unit prices will remain the same and shipping will likely be the same or just a little less.

Assuming the same shipping, it will be approx:

$137 ea for the 98L
$114 ea for the 71L

Which is still very good. As already noted this doesn't include any possible other charges + bank fees etc, but as we are under $1000 these should be minimal.

Apparently it's a 15-20 day delivery or so.

I can most likely pick them up from the docks as I live close to the Docklands. I assume you just rock up and sign the paperwork, pay any fees then you are good to go?! Anyone had any experience with this?

I may need a hand with the pick up due to the quantity all but we can work that out later. I can store at my place and people can collect when they are ready.

Once I have the quote I will work out the cost per pot including bank fees and we can go from there.

Hi Philski,

2 X 98 Litre for me please.

Wally

Synchronized posting!

I thought we had it worked out but now we are just over the $1000....

Wally - As you originally posted before Golani51 you have priority... However, if you order 2 x 98L (and Golani51 doesn't get in on the order) then we are just over the $1000 mark, in fact it would be $1021.4 US (9 x 98L and 2 x 71L). If this is the case we have to rely on the exchange rate remaining as is, that is assuming $1US = $0.97AU. That makes it just under $1000. It may be a little risky...

I'm not sure how we play this.

Thoughts?

<_< damn thats cutting it fine, I mean even if it adds 20% to the end price it is still cheap but it would also mean you will be hit up for the difference by Customs before the goods are released.

Maybe see if there is enough interest to do a second one and pass on the details of supplier to a second Bulk Buy organizer? :unsure:

I'm just worried about paperwork, extra costs etc. but you are right it does still work out cheap even if it was another 20%.

I don't really know enough about the import process to comment.

I'm happy to pass on the suppliers details for a second round if that's what it comes to.

keep it under $1000 and another bulk buy can be done
why pay 20% more if we don't need to, the whole point is to get them as cheap as we can
that's just my opinion

good job for doing the research by the way!

^^^ is what I was eluding to.

Release it will cut people out of this buy but the opportunity is there for someone else to do another one. Hell if I had enough spare coin I would run one myself and then sell to local brewers who want one at cost to recoup the money.

^^^ is what I was eluding to.

Release it will cut people out of this buy but the opportunity is there for someone else to do another one. Hell if I had enough spare coin I would run one myself and then sell to local brewers who want one at cost to recoup the money.

We may be in luck. The original supplier I got a quote from has come back with freight of $400 to Melbourne port. Unit prices are lower so total cost of 9x98l and 3x71l is $897, that includes everyone's order.

I am waiting on photos from this supplier.

Here is the link to the photos from this supplier. As you can see it's exactly the same product at a slightly better price (although freight is slightly higher).

OK, so we now have:

philski - 98L x 2
hyjak71 - 98L x 2
Gout - 98L x 1, 71L x 1
Danwood - 98L x 1
Golani51 - 71L x 1
tones0606 - 98L x 1
lukasfab - 71L x 1
wally - 98L x 2

Total of 9 x 98L and 3 x 71L

And this will be under the $1000 so we are good to go!

Based on $400 freight as quoted + bank transfer fee, costs the costs are as follows:

$116 / 98L
$93 / 71L

Additional costs that I know:
My bank fee for an international transfer = $22 (included above)

Unknown additional costs:

Customs/docks fee?
Self assessed clearance declaration form charges? I'm not exactly sure on this one, but the customs site says:

"Imported goods with a value at or below A$1000 that arrive by air or sea cargo will require a self-assessed clearance (SAC) declaration to be lodged with Customs and Border Protection."

also

"The majority of SAC declarations lodged with Customs and Border Protection are made when a cargo reporter completes a cargo report for air cargo. When SAC declarations are made in this way you do not have to do anything."

I've looked into this and it appears that if we do need to lodge an SAC there will be charges. You can lodge it yourself, but you need a digital certificate and the cost is $187 (which is only $15-16 ea) or you can use an agent who charges a fee to do it. Not sure on the fee but I imagine it wouldn't be much more than the $187.

So I think we are looking pretty good.

If all involved are ready to go, send me a PM and I will reply with my bank deets. Once I have received all transfers I will place the order.

If there are any additional fees, I will keep the receipts and get reimbursed after I have picked up the pots.

All good????

Bugger! Got to keep an eye on the bulk buy section. I'm in for a 98 if someone pulls the pin.

Bugger! Got to keep an eye on the bulk buy section. I'm in for a 98 if someone pulls the pin.

I am up for a smaller 35L pot too so if you want to keep a list of others who are interested, it means we already have 2 (yeah!)

I am up for a smaller 35L pot too so if you want to keep a list of others who are interested, it means we already have 2 (yeah!)

Sorry guys I've already placed the order and put a deposit down, plus we are quite close to the $1000 so won't be taking any more orders.

As I said earlier, I am happy to pass on the suppliers details and others we can start another BB for a second round order.

Cheers

Phil

Sorry guys I've already placed the order and put a deposit down, plus we are quite close to the $1000 so won't be taking any more orders.

As I said earlier, I am happy to pass on the suppliers details and others we can start another BB for a second round order.

Cheers

Phil

I know. Hence the "two already (yeah!)".

What sizes were available from this supplier and what were the prices?

I know. Hence the "two already (yeah!)".

What sizes were available from this supplier and what were the prices?

I've already got your 71L just not the smaller one.

The sizes they have are:

6, 12, 17, 21, 25, 36, 71, 98, 115, 130, 170 and bigger!

Only prices I have are:

36L = $38
70L = $65
98L = $78

Cheers

Phil

Latest posts

Back