98l (or Other) Stainless Steel Pot Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here we have an initial quote from one supplier. Not exactly sure on the breakdown but you get the idea:

"The totally cost by air for above items you required is USD1575 and it takes 3 days to arrive you, by sea is USD950,it takes about 15 days "

Now we're talking. So approximating that to 98L pots = about $136 each. At that price I am in!!

Obviously I need to get the breakdown and a proper quote. But I imagine (doing it by ratio of volume) the 36L is going to be around $45-50 delivered (to Melb) and the 70L $90-100 or so as a ballpark. This is assuming delivery by sea.

Dim's of the 36L : 360*360, 1mm wall thickness, 4mm compound base
Dim's of the 71L : 450*450, 1.2mm wall thickness, 5mm compound base
Dim's of the 98L : 500*500, 1.2mm wall thickness, 5mm compound base

Pot details

Thoughts?

Anyone else interested??

OK, so far tentatively we have:

phislki x 2 98L
jonsey32 x 1 36L
Danwood x 1 98L
Robbo2234 x 1 98L
Hyjak71 x 1 98L
tones0606 x 1 98L
Lukasfab x 1 70L

Total:
1 x 36L
1 x 70L
6 x 98L

All tentative (as I am) depending on postage cost. I have emailed back to get a price on postage for this order.

I would be interested in 1x 98Lt and 1x 70Lt however import duty / GST / tax and the likes might come into it and blow the price out?

If we can cap the order to under a thousand AU then the import duty/GST is not a concern, thats value of goods, freight doesn't come into it.
At that price I am in for sure and will get 2x 98lt

I would be interested in 1x 98Lt and 1x 70Lt however import duty / GST / tax and the likes might come into it and blow the price out?

True. I'm not sure what these costs are or how to work them out. I will get another quote with the new numbers and also try and get a quote with delivery to my door. The previous quote included delivery to port only and no local charges.

More info on customs duties here if over $1000

Customs

Looks like it adds 15-20% to the cost. I live in kensington which is near docklands and have a 4wd so can probably get them all back to my place (depending on how many we end up with!!!)

Ideally we limit it to under $1000 goods value which we may be able to do. So that's about 12 pots total.

So far we have

phislki 98L x 2
jonsey32 36L x 1
Danwood 98L x 1
Robbo2234 98L x 1
Hyjak71 98L x 2
tones0606 98L x 1
Lukasfab 70L x 1
Gout 98L x 1, 70L x 1
Wally 98L x 2

10 x 98L
2 x 70L
1 x 36L

We may have to limit it to this at this stage because that will probably be $1000 or just under.

I have just requested a new quote.

I would be interested in 1 x 70L and 1x 36L. (as long it's still under the 1K)
Anyone in Brisbane want to combine postage to get them up from Melbourne?

Here are some pics of the 2 pots I have which should be the same as the ones I'm looking at

New 98L pot
98L%20pot%20new.JPG

Mama and papa pots
98L%20pot%20and%2050L%20pot.JPG

Inside one of the pots
Inside%20pot.JPG

I've used these pots with Rambo and full blast (with a wind shield) and no worries.

Once I have some numbers from the suppliers I will post (most likely Monday).

Cheers

Phil

You're doing a sterling job, Phil.
$136ish for the 98l sounds good to me

^^Damn straight, couldn't have come up at a more opportune time for me too. Was only Thursday I got a couple quotes for 70lt and 100lt stainless pots from local suppliers. Had me searching high and low for other options after getting the prices.

Just waiting on the responses from the suppliers. At this stage it will be kept under $1000 and on a first come first serve basis. I will post once I have the quotes.

Cheers

Phil

OK all, I have a new quote from another supplier.

Slightly higher unit prices, but shipping looks quite cheap. Note they said shipping is not confirmed yet so this isn't an exact cost.

"
Hello Philip,

I have enquired with our forwarder, they say it's unconvenient for them to give DDP price,
because it's hard to get port of destination cost from Australia forwarder, they reply slowly.

I'd like to quote unit price EX-factory(without VAT) and CIF cost separately:
98L pot (φ500H500mm): USD 95.00/pc *10pcs
71L pot (φ450H450mm): USD 83.20/pc *2pcs
36L pot (φ360H360mm): USD 56.00/pc *1pc

Freight and Insurance cost to Melbourne Australia for 13pcs pot: USD 380.00
Shipping time: around 15 days from on broad date

Please kindly let me know your opinion of our price.
And freight cost may change, so please confirm the price ASAP.
Thank you.

"

Works out to be $128/unit for 98L, $107/unit for 71L and $68/unit for 36L including freight.

Note this is in USD and there are also bank charges and maybe possible duty/customs/port charges. If we keep under $1000 there will not be GST.

We need to assume that there will be additional costs such as the above and be prepared to pay them. As an estimate I would say allow an additional 10% of the unit price.

I will keep all receipts if there are any other costs and work out exact costs per pot once I have received delivery.

I am still waiting on the quote from the other supplier.

As you can see we are now OVER the $1000.... So we will need to place a smaller order which may mean the unit price is slightly higher.

So can everyone please confirm 100% what they want, and it will be on a first come first serve basis, with original posters getting priority. As I mentioned above prices may be slightly higher due to EX rates/bank fees/smaller order etc

At this price I will definitely get 2 x 98L.

OK all, I have a new quote from another supplier.

Are you going to get a sample from the new supplier mate? Or is it just a different face for the same factory that you are happy with?

I guess at those prices its worth the risk......

be cautious though!

2c.

Are you going to get a sample from the new supplier mate? Or is it just a different face for the same factory that you are happy with?

I guess at those prices its worth the risk......

be cautious though!

2c.

Looking at the photos it is exactly the same product as I have. I will post links to the page and make sure everyone is happy before proceeding.

Cheers

Phil

I'm still up for a 98l pot.

Cheers,

Dan

Latest posts

Back