9 Litre Corny's 'cheapish?' And Mobile Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or i might be trying another option...

one of my mates who works in a winery says their ace welder could most likely cut and shut a normal one....

i know it's a tricky job but these guys are doing food grade welding all day long, as part of their test they have to weld pipework together then it's cut apart and their rated on the smoothness of the join on the inside.. gotta be smooth for no bugs....

oh well, i'm glad so many ppl got onto them, i just hope i haven't ruined anyone else's chance by paypal claiming against him...

:)

Just recieved my 4 kegs!

21 days from ordering to unpacking. V happy.

The kegs are some of the best 2nd hand kegs I've seen. All pressurized with good pressure.

And there was a bonus german beer truck toy :) )

View attachment 44309

Well I received my kegs today. Also very happy with them and all with good pressure. They almost look new to be honest. I too got a German beer truck toy with them. I ordered mine on the 4th Feb and now is the 1st March so it took 25 days to reach Tassie.

Well I received my kegs today. Also very happy with them and all with good pressure. They almost look new to be honest. I too got a German beer truck toy with them. I ordered mine on the 4th Feb and now is the 1st March so it took 25 days to reach Tassie.

i win... 66 days still no sign! :p

i win... 66 days still no sign! :p

I win on the DHL slow boat my order took 5 months from the day i payed to me going to the post office in 2 different cars trying to put my new shiney toy in the boot of both cars.it was 1/2 hanging out of the boot of the falcon on the way home.

So will order and it can turn up when it likes as i have plenty of 19lt kegs just be nice to have a couple of 9lt jobs for some strong ale.

Just ordered X2 for $80 each landed.hope i am not posting here in 5 months time,but will see.

cheers SCum

I've been following this for a while and after just having a party where I had to decant 7 litres of beer from bottles, I've decided to take the plunge to party kegs.

I'm about to order 2 of these but thought I'd ask if anyone would like a couple to split the shipping by ordering 4. Let me know via PM if interested. Pickup would be in Western Sydney (near Blacktown).

Just ordered X2 for $80 each landed.hope i am not posting here in 5 months time,but will see.

cheers SCum

Yes you might be, I am so f$%ked off with the fiasco, ordered Jan 4 I can't believe DHL are so f$%ked.

I am now at the point where I understand why people go into post offices & kill people.

No f#$ken :icon_cheers:

Paul

It may not be DHL's fault.

A parcel is not scanned as "arriving" in a country until customs release it...could well be in Australia, but stuck in a corner somewhere in customs.

It may not be DHL's fault.

A parcel is not scanned as "arriving" in a country until customs release it...could well be in Australia, but stuck in a corner somewhere in customs.

Right now it's important that I have somewhere to channel this rage. :angry:

Still no f#$ken :icon_cheers:

Paul

Ok, I have taken the plunge - ordered 4. Will advise here when these turn up.

Just out of interest, my cost per keg will be AU$71.85 (I am assuming there will not be any credit card surcharges as the currency conversion has been done by paypal).

I have been looking for a suitable portable cooler for a 9L keg - any suggestions or links appreciated. Apparantly Ross (Craftbrewer) has made one - have not been able to track down a picture of this yet.

Cheers
Matt.

Received mine on Friday - 16 days from order. They appear to be in good condition. All were still under presssure.

Cheers
Matt.

Received mine on Friday - 16 days from order. They appear to be in good condition. All were still under presssure.
Cheers
Matt.
The 2 extras have been bags'd and this news just makes me want to hope mine(ours) will get here in around the same time frame. The DHL site says there are in transit to Australia so fingers crossed! B)

or i might be trying another option...

one of my mates who works in a winery says their ace welder could most likely cut and shut a normal one....

i know it's a tricky job but these guys are doing food grade welding all day long, as part of their test they have to weld pipework together then it's cut apart and their rated on the smoothness of the join on the inside.. gotta be smooth for no bugs....

oh well, i'm glad so many ppl got onto them, i just hope i haven't ruined anyone else's chance by paypal claiming against him...

:)
I have 'cut and shut' 4 kegs for myself/friends and also made a 50l balllock keg, im a boilermaker/welder by trade but i mostly do thicker stuff. They were all a challenge but as long as they are purged while welding with smooth penetration and then properly cleaned they will be fine.

Well after waiting a total of 68 days, my kegs finally arrived.

The physical condition of them is very good, though they will need a good scrub. Three of the four still have syrup in the bottom of them. <_<

Unfortunately, I did not receive a little toy truck in the box like others have. :(

That's great news. Took a while though but I am sure you're happy they arrived.

That's great news. Took a while though but I am sure you're happy they arrived.
Yeah, I'm very happy they arrived; just annoyed that it took so long because I could have used these kegs months ago.

I'm just wondering if some of the other guy's orders such as PFS or Paul H were in the same container as my kegs seeing we placed our orders around the same time. I hope they got their kegs to.

Thinking about taking the risk,

any one from Sydney want some???

Latest posts

Back