65 litre RoboBrew Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has already been updated with all the stock we have in Australia. We have thicker stainless steel than our competitors and the base design has changed so the brewer can be top loaded with 100kg.

So with the BrewZilla 3.1 model units I am to the understanding this has already been resolved.
So the design has changed since a week as yesterday? The post put up with the buckling base was posted on Thursday the 18th April and it was his first brew.

This upgrade came at a significant expense and was one of the main reasons for the delay of the BrewZilla 65L
If lower density elements caused a significant expense, your element supplier is fleecing you
designing and producing something to fit in a similar footprint is pretty darn simple unless it's a very convoluted flange/footprint setup, if the element manufacturer is worth their salt

So he bought it and brewed it on the day he posted it?
Putting it that way, I think it is far more likely than KegLand reading the post and saying, 'Yes there was a problem but we have changed the design and they are all OK now'. Does that mean the problems with the circuit boards have been addressed too?

You think it's more likely he bought, brewed and posted on the same day than the manufacturer improving on the design and fixing a defect? FMD....

So the design has changed since a week as yesterday? The post put up with the buckling base was posted on Thursday the 18th April and it was his first brew.
T
Putting it that way, I think it is far more likely than KegLand reading the post and saying, 'Yes there was a problem but we have changed the design and they are all OK now'. Does that mean the problems with the circuit boards have been addressed too?

I saw that post on FB...

There were 3 or 4 people that said they had a similar issue. They were all saying that one of the screws holding one of the feet was loose, allowing some play/movement. The guy that took the pic also said his unit was on a slope, which would've applied additional pressure. All were able to fix easily once they realised what the issue was.

There's a lesson for KL and users to check all screws are tight before use.

If lower density elements caused a significant expense, your element supplier is fleecing you
designing and producing something to fit in a similar footprint is pretty darn simple unless it's a very convoluted flange/footprint setup, if the element manufacturer is worth their salt

The element doesnt fit into the same footprint which is the reason why it's lower watt density. Element suppliers will charge more for a larger element and this is quite normal. The BrewZilla units have a lower watt density. What makes you think the elements are fitting in the same footprint?

Historically we have replaced less than 5 bases in the past 10k or so units that have been sold. So if you want to say there is a problem it would be important to take the actual numbers into consideration. We believe that the BrewZilla is still the best value brewery available and we continue to make constant upgrades wherever we see possible to make sure customers are getting the best possible brewery and deal whenever they purchase one of these.

I have checked the periodic updates that have been done over the past 12 months and when the 65L BrewZilla units came out the stainless in these units were thicker and at the same time we also included rubber legs on the base of the unit.

Looking back at Sam's photo it should be one of the new units that we we have that already has the upgraded rubber feet and the body of the BrewZilla will already be thicker. During the design and testing process of this brewery was top loaded with 100kg(via the handles) and the BrewZilla 65L design can withstand this force. I would imagine that this type of damage could not be caused by ordinary. So we are confident that this should not have happened for Sam unless:

1. The brewery was damaged in transit somehow.
2. The screws on the base for some reason were not tight. If the screws holding the base on are loose then the base can rattle around and it could cause this to happen. I would imagine this is the most likely scenario.

What makes it far easier to determine is if the customer returns the product to us. So if Sam you can bring this in for us to look at I am sure we will be able to determine what happened far easier.

Last edited:
The element doesnt fit into the same footprint which is the reason why it's lower watt density. Element suppliers will charge more for a larger element and this is quite normal. The BrewZilla units have a lower watt density. What makes you think the elements are fitting in the same footprint?
When I say footprint, I mean the same diameter and mounting holes

Last edited:
Now with a 3 year warranty!
upload_2019-5-3_8-14-29.png

Latest posts

Back