65 litre RoboBrew Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through the Brewzilla & Robobrew Users Group and didn't see anything recent.
What are you talking about?

thumbnail_IMG_2705 (1).jpg

Seems like it has happened to a lot of folk, either they are all clumsy and dropped them, been dropped in transport or worst of all it has happened when full of liquor due to the pressure, as in the picture.

True, car companies , airlines and trips to the moon. All are made possible by the lowest price base.

I could point you in the direction of a few hundred families of Boeing patrons who would be disagree.
So you think they deliberately, cut costs on aircraft making them unsafe?
The Brewzilla for a few dollars more could give a better circuit board and a stronger base.

I don't have a Brewzilla or Robobrew, my mate has the 65 litre Brewzilla he sent me this pic from the Brewzilla Robobrew users group and he tells me his Brewzilla ended up the same.
Seems to be quite a few who has encountered the same problem so just be aware of the danger.
The pic will not download so best to check it out on facebook.
What's the issue? I don't have a FB account and have zero interest in opening one. I've had my R3 for just over a year and run 36 batches on it, all problem free with the exception of one stuck sparge. I've only had my Brewzilla 65 for a few weeks and have run 2 batches - likewise problem free (apart from me farking up the dimensions in Brewfather and ending up 14 points higher than expected on my first brew). Sadly the B65 doesn't come with an idiot alert, but maybe that's a mercy, otherwise it would be going off all the bloody time.
Edit - just saw your photo. That looks like it's been dropped at an angle onto the base or something similar. The rubber feet on mine extend right to the outside of the tank (as it does on the unit in the photo). The base is also rolled into a lip which mates into the side of the unit - there's no way that could happen with the Brewzilla just sitting there. The lip on the base has pulled away from the edge of the tank in that photo.

Last edited:
still not sure what the photo-taker claims has happened, assuming it has been dropped or damaged and they didn't notice until they'd already filled it up with liquid

So you think they deliberately, cut costs on aircraft making them unsafe?
The Brewzilla for a few dollars more could give a better circuit board and a stronger base.

No, I'm not claiming that. However the families may assert the software installed on the new planes was rushed into being released instead of the slower more expensive alternative and this caused two planes to crash.

looks nasty, what are they claiming has happened?
Reading what the user said the mash cycle was on when it suddenly started to lean where the base plate was buckling. Looking at the picture, on the right and left of the foot which collapsed there are the base plate retaining screws where the bracket sits underneath, those brackets aren't load bearing, but could quite easily have been pressed out with a strengthening gusset and the rubber feet would have been better fitted there instead of in between the brackets.
Seems to have happened to a few users whether they had been damaged previously I don't know, but the damage wouldn't have happened if the feet had been placed over a strengthened bracket.
But having the air flow coming from underneath hasn't solved the problem of the burnt out circuit boards one even catching fire it needs a better circuit board.

This has already been updated with all the stock we have in Australia. We have thicker stainless steel than our competitors and the base design has changed so the brewer can be top loaded with 100kg.

So with the BrewZilla 3.1 model units I am to the understanding this has already been resolved.

Yeah I did it with my 65L last weekend with room to spare. You could easily get 50L of standard full strength ABV beer out of a brew.

There is a Brewzilla facebook group up an running with a few bits of feedback from people's brew days.

Yes that's correct. You can easily get 50L and we have had some customers going even higher. With that said the chance of boil overs is much higher over 50L so we would not recommend it.

The only concern I have, as with all the concealed elements for the single vessel breweries is the burning out of one of the elements, Brehttps://www.kegland.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=brewzillawzilla has 3 elements so a 50% increase in the chances of an element burning out over a 2 element unit. I don't know how the concealed elements in the Crown urn are fitted but I have seen them on their spares list so they must be replaceable.

The element watt density is one of the main selling points of the BrewZilla and this is not something that we have spoken about much. The watt density than other similar single vessel breweries. The major benefit of lower watt density is that you can brew very light beer styles without the same amount of caramelisation and maillard effect. This upgrade came at a significant expense and was one of the main reasons for the delay of the BrewZilla 65L and it's probably a selling point that we should be pushing a lot more. One of the secondary benefits of the lower watt density is they are MUCH less likely to burn out. Even if you boil dry (not that I am recommending you do this) it will be hard to burn out the elements. As you get lower and lower watt density the longevity of the elements also increases greatly.

Even with the older models of Robobrew (and Turbo boilers that used the same element) I think we saw less than 1 in 1000 units that had a element burned out. So now with the much lower watt density this will be even less.

Latest posts

Back