5th Element - Southbank Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow - that is one awesome drinks menu!

wow - that is one awesome drinks menu!

I forgot to mention they also have more beers to choose from in the bottle shop. For a small corkage fee they will also serve these to you as well.

Cheers

They have an attached bottle store too. I've grabbed a couple of things from there.
Check the dates though. A meantime my wife picked up turned out to be 5 odd months past date...

Definately have to go there when im next in Bris.

Check the dates though. A meantime my wife picked up turned out to be 5 odd months past date...

:icon_offtopic:

Sounds like Dan Murphys with their Craft/Imported Beers... <_< , well from what I have experienced lately

This is near my work too :D
Also, be careful of the prices they charge in the bottle shop. They can charge a lot more than, say Uncle Dan's, at times. But that said they do have a decent range which has been lacking of late since Coles and Woolies bought everything out.

The Alpha on tap is a nice hoppy drink too.

This is near my work too :D
Also, be careful of the prices they charge in the bottle shop. They can charge a lot more than, say Uncle Dan's, at times. But that said they do have a decent range which has been lacking of late since Coles and Woolies bought everything out.

The Alpha on tap is a nice hoppy drink too.

They do charge more but I'm not generally in there for beers I can get at Dan's...
I found them to be a little more expensive compared to say Nectar, but the beers we bought I hadn't seen elsewhere so price comparison wasn't an issue...

I'm moving jobs to south Brisbane next month. Makes me happy there'll be a good local with some decent selection close by. In the CBD you pay those prices for megaswill. Could be some interesting lunches coming up :D

I'm moving jobs to south Brisbane next month. Makes me happy there'll be a good local with some decent selection close by. In the CBD you pay those prices for megaswill. Could be some interesting lunches coming up :D

The Plough is also nearby, they have a couple more options on tap; Fat Helga, Hoegaarden, Fat Yak and a cider I can't remember the name of.

Good luck to them I really hope they survive but I will be astounded if a restaurant can continue to hold a extensive beer menu like that, especially in Australia.

Good luck to them I really hope they survive but I will be astounded if a restaurant can continue to hold a extensive beer menu like that, especially in Australia.

Why?

mossyrocks-is that beer list still current with 5th element?

Guys,

Tried out this new eatery with an impressive beer list on Friday. Must say I was very impressed.

This place is only 50 odd metres from the Southbank rail and bus station heading towards the river.

http://www.5thelement.com.au/pdfs/5th_Drinks_Menu.pdf

Cheers,

mossy

Good to hear Mossy, I've been sending people to the 5th Element for ages since Ben told me about it.
It's about time I dragged my arse there myself :rolleyes:

c'mon thats not much of a list...how bout some aussie micros on tap

geez no wonder brisbane won't go ahead when people will accept pap like this

PS Do not take this as an attack on any forum members just a frustrated beer drinker venting

They have them on sometimes - Barron's Hop Mother was one last year.

send them a nicely worded email expressing your desires.... then if we all support it they might keep re-ordering and try some other Aussie breweries as well
... I would be happy to sell them some kegs.

Restaurants like this are a step in the right direction... not the end result.

.... oh yeah, Beastie Burgers just up the road from them stock one or two nice beers as well.

send them a nicely worded email expressing your desires.... then if we all support it they might keep re-ordering and try some other Aussie breweries as well
... I would be happy to sell them some kegs.

Restaurants like this are a step in the right direction... not the end result.

.... oh yeah, Beastie Burgers just up the road from them stock one or two nice beers as well.

Nice idea...BTW hows the situation with the platform bar and your beers progressing?

The list seemed to match the one when I was there just before Christmas.

You'll have to try the new burger joint next to Ginga (the cinema one); never been too big a fan of Beastie myself. Then again I tend to go for the lunch specials around South Bank for $11 or so (love the laksa at Satay Hut which is next to 5th Element).

Oh yeah, if anyone can mention some locals brews I might mention it to them to try and show them there is interest in it (plus I will try and drink there more often to take advantage of it :D)

Don't be mislead though, 5th Element is a wine bar/restaurant first and foremost. It's the same owners of Byblos at Portside. They make a killing off wine, cocktails, spirits and food. It is an option for an OK range of beer (by Brissie standards anyway) and if your around Southbank it's a nice enough place for a drink. Steve the beer guy who came from Era was keen to get kegs of micros in but I'm not sure if he works there anymore. Don't hold your breath...reality is why the hassle of beer when patrons will drop 15 bucks for a cocktail. Business is business ya'll.

Back