Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

5kg Biscuit Malt - Style Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Recipe Discussion' started by Luxo_Aussie, 2/7/19.

1. Luxo_Aussie

Posted 2/7/19
    G'day All,

I made a bit of a mistake with my first grain purchase and got 5Kg of Biscuit Malt when I probably should have got just 500g. It's uncrushed so doesn't go off for awhile, but I'm still keen to make several styles over the next 12-18 months where there's a high percentage to make sure it's used up in its prime.

I've heard it goes well in Belgian styles & English ales, stouts & porters but not so well in lager styles. Does anyone know some specific styles where there's a high percentage (10-20%) of Biscuit Malt as part if the grist? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Tristan

2. donald_trub

Posted 2/7/19
    It's a good mistake to make! I love a bit of biscuit in a lot of styles. I think it goes nicely in APAs, particularly if you're sticking with the classic C hops. Jamil's recipe in Brewing Classic Styles is quite good, although you're only looking at 7 or 8% of the grist.