50l Stainless Stock Pot - $99

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pants

Reaction score
First post (long time lurking):

My (snail) mailbox was stuffed with junk mail today, amongst it was a Camping World catalogue. Inside was a 50L stock pot for $99. I called the local store to find out what they were made from (stainless) and if they had any larger sizes (will call me back).

It's on page 4 of the catalogue.

Seems like pretty good value, though I haven't seen one in the metal. I might buy one for a HLT, I'm looking for something larger for a kettle.

No affiliation, etc.

Pants.

First post (long time lurking):

My (snail) mailbox was stuffed with junk mail today, amongst it was a Camping World catalogue. Inside was a 50L stock pot for $99. I called the local store to find out what they were made from (stainless) and if they had any larger sizes (will call me back).

I think I saw the same exact thing 3 days ago when going through Rays Outdoors in the DFO. I wasn't looking at cookware at the time, was just confirming the no chill method cubes being in stock and prices... Only thing I remember about my lift the lid and look at the thickness of the metal was jeez this is very thin metal, end up burning anything put in it and then I put the lid back on. It was *very* light to lift the lid so I was thinking aluminium as it wasn't bright like stainless.

Does camping world have a store front you can visit? Nothing beats an in person inspection and gets you passed that not trusting some kid on the end of the phone feeling you sometimes get talking to the sales staff.

50 liters is about 50 quarts, I'm used to paying about $160 in AUD for that in states in stainless steel, and $90 AUD in aluminium so it could be a great deal if stainless depending on the thickness of the metal.

Does camping world have a store front you can visit? Nothing beats an in person inspection and gets you passed that not trusting some kid on the end of the phone feeling you sometimes get talking to the sales staff.

Not far away. I'll have a look on the weekend.

pants.

Sounds exactly like the pot I bought from Camping World in Gladdy a few months ago.

Nothing wrong with it at all, and it has made a great kettle for me.

04022009_007_.jpg

Cheers,
Jake

I bought a Stainless Steel pot from Camping World in Gympie late last year, its 80ltrs and was $79.95.. Still to use it yet though as I use a 50ltr SS Ketgle for now, should be perfect for double batches if I get onto it but it could need a little insulation wrapped around it, its a little thin but not that bad.. ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Hey Pants,

Welcome, first of all.

You know your a true brewer when you are reading spam looking for brew gear!!

Good find and thanks for sharing!

Cocko.

Camping World called me back, as promised. My local store has sold out, unfortunately - so I couldn't check one out in the metal. They could order more in if I want one, but they don't do any larger sizes.

pants.

Back