50l Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 3 broken drill bits and 2 days worth of trying everything possible i finally got it out... a little scratch up but from what everyone has been saying it should still be ok. now with my second one it should be a lot easier. less scratches and only 1 drill bit.

Cheers
thank you.

To all,
-The correct tool, and the easiest way to remove a snap ring on a keg, is by using a snap-ring removal tool .....(who made that name?)
-It is stainless steel, approx. 1/16th" thick.
-If you do not have a valve stem compression tool these still work but much more force is needed.

-Turn the blade horizontally. Insert tip under end of snap ring. Move handle HORIZONATALLY towards the outside of the keg. This lever action will force the end of the snap ring towards the center, thus exposing the end of the ring. From here you can grab it with needle nose pliers and pull IN (towards the center) and UP on the on the ring.

-The optimum way to go is to have the Valve Compression tool also. We can have stems out of a keg in 17 seconds, and in at 25 seconds.

-One pic attached of tool.

PS: If anyone needs either the Snap ring tool or the valve compression tool, we can supply those.

Matt Chitiea
The CHI Company
www.chicompany.net

Stem_Ring_Removal_tool.JPG

Hi Matt
How much for both the tools you mention & how much for shipping to Sydney.

I assume you offer a good discount to members of this forum?

Cheers
Low Hang'n

Latest posts

Back