5/8 BSP Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
I've scored a stainless coil out of an old Temprite system and i want to fit it into an esky with dual purposes.

I want to be able to use the esky as a jockey box when required, but for the most part it will form a pre-chiller to chill down the water side of my FPHE on my brew rig.

the threads on the ends of the coil are 5/8 BSP.

Anyone have a good easy supplier of 5/8 BSP fittings? Pirtek? Enzed? are they worth a shot?

i'm still in design stage but i think i'm after 5/8 x 5/8 female connectors and 5/8 female x 3/4 male adaptor...

ideas?

printed forms section said:
I've scored a stainless coil out of an old Temprite system and i want to fit it into an esky with dual purposes.

I want to be able to use the esky as a jockey box when required, but for the most part it will form a pre-chiller to chill down the water side of my FPHE on my brew rig.

the threads on the ends of the coil are 5/8 BSP.

Anyone have a good easy supplier of 5/8 BSP fittings? Pirtek? Enzed? are they worth a shot?

i'm still in design stage but i think i'm after 5/8 x 5/8 female connectors and 5/8 female x 3/4 male adaptor...

ideas?
Hey mate, did you end up finding the 5/8" female to 3/4" male adapter? Just have a font Im adapting some tap shanks to.
Cheers

For the record / anyone reading this in the future I found a male 3/4" BSP to 5/8" BSP female here.
Cost me about $35 for 4 of them including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121220243340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The eBay sellers website http://www.stevensonplumbing.co.uk

$(KGrHqV,!lcFHC18VP)!BRywWipccQ~~60_12.JPG

OzPaleAle said:
Hey mate, did you end up finding the 5/8" female to 3/4" male adapter? Just have a font Im adapting some tap shanks to.
Cheers
What font you got? Sounds like the font and problems and sizes I'm having with mine.

Its one that came out of pugg mahones in melbs that were on ebay not long ago, not 100% sure on the make is.
I needed to attach 4 flow control taps to the font that had quick lok couplers, removed the coupler and found it was 3/4"BSP, the tap shank I was putting in had a 5/8"BSP so this adapter did the trick, haven't tried it under pressure yet but all goes together nicely.

It's not real shiney if your mounting it between stainless and chrome though.

True, luckily the font I got is a shiny brass one so not so crazy looking.

Still looks a little dodge with the hex part showing but I'm more of a practicality\easiest solution over aesthetics kind of guy.

BSPP. Just your local tradelink or whichever plumbing supply is closest. Nothing special.

The acid in soda water, ie, soft drink post mix, becomes toxic when exposed to natural brass. The "soda" pumps in the old post mixes were always chromed. The water was natural brass( cheaper). Just a thought as this may come into the equation with beer.

whats the acid in soda ? i just thought it was co2 ??

the rotary pumps (procon etc)i have seen in new soda machines are just brass now-a-days

Did anyone find a 3/4"bsp to 5/8"bsp reducer? I've been EVERYWHERE & no-one seems to have any

Still in the current Andale catalogue, look under beer plumber in your local phonebook and do a bit of ringing around, they often have buckets full of them that haven't been scrapped yet. Take some cash, amazing what else they have lying around
Mark
upload_2020-2-11_4-13-5.png

Back