4 Ring Burner Set Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyc

Reaction score
Hi all,

This may be a stupid question...

I've just bought a 4 ring burner to get into AG brewing. It comes with the stand, burner section and valve section (unassembled).

(Similar to the three ring burner here:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry198443
)

I've started to assemble the burner section and valve section (by attaching them together with the two supplied bolts), but the four adjustable discs attached to the four valves don't line up with the four holes at the end of the pipes of the burner section (i.e. the discs do not cover the holes properly) - is this right? I'm not sure whether this is purpose-built for air intake or whether I've got a dud :huh:

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Hope this makes some sense...

Thanks,

Ben

Yeah that's fine Ben. You will find you always have those air inlets in the "open" position anyway. All good. :beer:

I think I've got the same burner as you, and they're for air intake. Fire it up, and fiddle with them. You should see the flame lengthen and shorten.

crank them fully open to get hot blue flame as closed produces poofy sooty yellow flames.....and no it wasnt a silly question.
Cheers
Steve

I've found that I get a better output/flame when I have the ring set as far open as possible. You tend to get a more "sooty" flame if you restrict the air flow.

Great, thanks everyone - that makes me feel a lot better! :)

I've found that I get a better output/flame when I have the ring set as far open as possible. You tend to get a more "sooty" flame if you restrict the air flow.

I got a four ring burner i use them fully closed. I nerver even thought of opening them up i going out to the shed to play with it and see waht happens a hoter flame would be great.

Glad i read this post

I got a four ring burner i use them fully closed. I nerver even thought of opening them up i going out to the shed to play with it and see waht happens a hoter flame would be great.

Glad i read this post

ditto, i had no idea :blink: something to fiddle with over the weekend

-Phill

Just remember back to the bunsen burners at school... same principle.

Latest posts

Back