3vessel System Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchjazz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering where is the best place to find a guide to build a 3v system. I have had a bit of a look and wondering if any one else has any links on how to go about it weather it be on this site or another. I already have 2 x 50 litre keggs, a 4 ring burner, buying a march pump and just purchased a tempmate off ross so i guess im nearly there.

Your ideas will but appreciated!

Cheers

Any other 3V brewers in Grifith? If there is get round and have a beer with them. Ask what works on there system and what doesn't, what they would build differently and why. I did alot of serching on the web looking at pics then just went for it. I would buy more weldless fittings and not weld in sockets if I was building mine again. If using a 50L keg for a mash tun you will get away with a flat false bottom due to the keg being concave already Like this.

Drew

Any other 3V brewers in Grifith? If there is get round and have a beer with them. Ask what works on there system and what doesn't, what they would build differently and why. I did alot of serching on the web looking at pics then just went for it. I would buy more weldless fittings and not weld in sockets if I was building mine again. If using a 50L keg for a mash tun you will get away with a flat false bottom due to the keg being concave already Like this.

Drew

Drew,

Why is it that you would use weldless fittings instead of Welded?

Hi guys,

Just wondering where is the best place to find a guide to build a 3v system. I have had a bit of a look and wondering if any one else has any links on how to go about it weather it be on this site or another. I already have 2 x 50 litre keggs, a 4 ring burner, buying a march pump and just purchased a tempmate off ross so i guess im nearly there.

Your ideas will but appreciated!

Cheers

some ideas here from my build http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...23&hl=yardy

Drew,

Why is it that you would use weldless fittings instead of Welded?

wondered that myself, interested in the answer

I'm only guessing but I assume from the post it is because he would like to change equipment and it would have been cheaper to just change the weldless fittings onto the new vessel rather than getting it welded. This of course is only a problem for those who can't weld or don't have access to someone who can weld.

I'm only guessing but I assume from the post it is because he would like to change equipment and it would have been cheaper to just change the weldless fittings onto the new vessel rather than getting it welded. This of course is only a problem for those who can't weld or don't have access to someone who can weld.

Yeh the ease of changing things around. This was my first look into All Grain and rushed the placement of a few things. Thermo wells and taps were too high so had to engineer things to suit. I am a sheetmetal worker so welding is easy but still hard to polish the insides of the vessels. Weldless looks clean and for a back yard builder far easier to fit. I will get around to building Version 2 one day but for now she does me well.

Drew

I'm a boilermaker and all the fittings in my system are weldless. Why weld a in socket when there's no need?

However, I'm fitting a 4500 watt element to a 50 litre keg soon for HLT, this will need a socket :p

4500 watts dived by 240 volts thats 18.75 amps now thats some amp draw!

Back