#$&%$*%#@^

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matti

Swedes Bryggeri
Reaction score
I went out to my garage to poor my self my 3rd beer for the evening.....

My 4 year old was watching the beer going on the floor.
I went :blink: WTF
Next I turned the tap off and aske what are you up to? :angry:
My little fellow with a new cure hair cut said
"sorry daddy"
:huh:
I must be the calmest person in the world.
Poured my self another and went....
Crap life us such.

What a clean up.......

tada Beer

Man, I would've been extremely cranky..... :( My kids know not to touch Daddys stuff, they are nearly 3 and 8 year old....

Could be worse though Matti..... :D

Cheers to us Fathers... :beer: And the pain we deal with.... :p

CB

I went out to my garage to poor my self my 3rd beer for the evening.....

My 4 year old was watching the beer going on the floor.
I went :blink: WTF
Next I turned the tap off and aske what are you up to? :angry:
My little fellow with a new cure hair cut said
"sorry daddy"
:huh:
I must be the calmest person in the world.
Poured my self another and went....
Crap life us such.

What a clean up.......

tada Beer

He'll do worst things before he's your age, same as you did probably.

Batz

Hehe,

My little girl has turned on one of my fermentor taps before, but I was within an earshot so I got to it quick.

I would of thought about the $$$$ pouring out, my kiddeis have only dropped a few commercial brewskies, as they fight to bring daddy 1 after work!

Well, you know.. 240 Volt hooked up to thye taps would keep them from messing with them....

Would be a mess when you are pissed and forget to turn it off tho.

It's only beer :ph34r: - you can always brew another one.

My three year old knocked my full schooner of beer over onto my keyboard once, but generally these things are honest mistakes and theres no use doing your nut.

My fridge is in the garage too but we ban our kids from there unless they're an adult (cars and kids are a bad mix).

Could be worse. Once I hooked the wrong liquid disconnect up to my keg and then went to grab a glass, came back and half the keg had emptied into the bottom of the chest freezer :-(

I'm keeping a list of all the things I'm going to do to my kids and their property once they leave the house. My oldest smashed the first TV set I ever bought ($1500 at the time). She was jumping on it. A 32" tube TV. Front heavy tube TV. I'm going to get even with her for that, believe me. My youngest has broken two of my glass carboys; one was empty, the other contained mead. Then there's the scratches and dings in the van from their bikes, their mom's car doors (which they yield without regard for objects within reach), and their case of chalk (they decorated the van for me once). I can't wait until they own something with glass (a house, a car, etc) so that I can finger- and face-print every clean surface in sight. And the beads....those bloody beads. If you hate someone, buy their kids beads....lots of beads. I'm sooooo damn tired of stepping on beads. I'm thankful they haven't mastered fire yet. ......Yet.

I can't wait until they have children. They will become the instruments of my revenge. ;)

I can't wait until they have children. They will become the instruments of my revenge. ;)
It's a known phenomenon. Grandparent's revenge it's called.
Make a note of their nearest stockist of lollies with red and blue colouring too...

And the beads....those bloody beads. If you hate someone, buy their kids beads....lots of beads. I'm sooooo damn tired of stepping on beads.

ROTFLMAO!!!

That is so true. I have 3... um, I think they call them girls :unsure: . I call them Bush's WMD's.

Lefty

I'm keeping a list of all the things I'm going to do to my kids and their property once they leave the house. My oldest smashed the first TV set I ever bought ($1500 at the time). She was jumping on it. A 32" tube TV. Front heavy tube TV. I'm going to get even with her for that, believe me. My youngest has broken two of my glass carboys; one was empty, the other contained mead. Then there's the scratches and dings in the van from their bikes, their mom's car doors (which they yield without regard for objects within reach), and their case of chalk (they decorated the van for me once). I can't wait until they own something with glass (a house, a car, etc) so that I can finger- and face-print every clean surface in sight. And the beads....those bloody beads. If you hate someone, buy their kids beads....lots of beads. I'm sooooo damn tired of stepping on beads. I'm thankful they haven't mastered fire yet. ......Yet.

Those days are behind me now but I understand how you feel :lol: . But to put it in perspective, one of the NRL footballers and his wife lost their toddler a few years ago when he went to play with the tv and the stand toppled over and tv killed him. A real tragedy. Kids drive you mad at times but the main thing to be grateful for is that they've got good health, they love you, and that their around to give you the occasional shits :huh: .

Cheers :icon_cheers:

And the beads....those bloody beads. If you hate someone, buy their kids beads....lots of beads. I'm sooooo damn tired of stepping on beads.

The phrase "THAT'S IT!! CRAFT IS NOW BANNED IN THIS HOUSE!" can often be heard from my lips after such an occasion with beads and such .... makes a difference for maybe a week, maybe two, and then it starts becoming time to loudly proclaim that sentence again :rolleyes:

And yes I have heard the words "Sorry Daddy" ... but that was before I even knew what had happened .... the story is, back in July I decided to get back into brewing, so after picking up my daughter from pre-school we stopped in at the LHBS and bought 2 fermenters, extracts, sugars, etc... well she had fun helping me carry the gear to the car, and that night after she went to bed I made up two brews and sat them on the kitchen bench ready to take down to the garage in the morning - I decided that it would be good practice to wrap cling wrap around the taps to keep out any stray insects, ants, spiders, ... whatever ..... well at 6am in the morning, still half asleep in bed I hear the words "sorry Daddy" ... immediately I knew what it was that she was sorry about, but just didn't know the extent of the damage ... well usually I drag myself out of bed mumbling something under my breath about hating mornings, but that morning I bounced out of bed with visions of homebrew puddling on the kitchen floor .... fortunately the cling wrap had prevented her from turning the tap too far and only the cling wrap was soggy with a few drips on the floor .... and the air lock had been pulled out. Hoping that in that short minute or two there was not much chance of anything getting in to infect the beer I put the airlock back in and replaced the cling wrap .... turned out to be an ok Porter in the end, but it took a good 3 months in the bottle to really start to taste good.

Now on brew bottling days she helps me drop carbonation drops into the bottles :)

LOL some times I think "yeah we're nearly ready to start a little family of our own"....

Then I read things like this.

My oldest boy is now 33, we visit him in Perth for Xmas and I love it. I open the fridge and just stand there looking in it for ages, then drink the orange juice out of the bottle and put the empty back in the fridge. Leave my shoes in the lounge, spend hours in the shower...love it :lol:

Batz

LOL some times I think "yeah we're nearly ready to start a little family of our own"....

Then I read things like this.

You can relax. Your kids will be different.

:lol:

Dammit, couldn't keep a straight face. Seriously don't let the horror stories deter you; they're worth it. I know like I don't sound like I appreciate them, but I really do. They have ways of making you so proud - ways you can't imagine. It's just that those moments are liberally peppered with incidents that make you want to strangle them.

My oldest boy is now 33, we visit him in Perth for Xmas and I love it. I open the fridge and just stand there looking in it for ages, then drink the orange juice out of the bottle and put the empty back in the fridge. Leave my shoes in the lounge, spend hours in the shower...love it :lol:

Batz

Hey Batz, do you really drink orange juice :eek: . You should be drinking his beer and putting those empties back in the fridge, with the lids on.
My pet peeve is 1/2 drunk soft drink cans all over the place, can't wait to do that at their place, if they ever move out <_<

Andrew

(snip)
My pet peeve is 1/2 drunk soft drink cans all over the place, can't wait to do that at their place, if they ever move out <_<

Andrew

That is a real PROBLEM, Andrew.

Hey Batz, do you really drink orange juice :eek: . You should be drinking his beer and putting those empties back in the fridge, with the lids on.

Andrew

He actually stocks his fridge with excellent beers for me Andrew, last year was the full range of Wychwoods several of each, plus many more imported beers, must have cost him a mint...little possum. :rolleyes:

You can relax. Your kids will be different

Of course they will

kids_beer.jpg

Batz

Batz

Thanks Batz - I now have a 10 and 13 year plan for my home life :lol: Can't wait until the feckers move out!

Latest posts

Back