32 Jet Mongolian Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i agree with you there TD grain and grape told me the same i think they mean mj not btu.
but like you said it dosnt realy mater as long as the job gets done. they are very good burners. my brother in law is a boiler maker and he helped me design the draft part of the set up and the flame guide bars which deflect the flame back under the kettle .

del

I'm wondering if the gas has anything to do with differing output levels??? Is propane in the US the same as LPG in Australia? I was under the impression that propane produced more heat... may be wrong though.

G&G website quotes 130000 btu, perhaps it's a misprint.

I'm pretty sure the G&G quote of 130,000 btus is for the 23 jet mongolian isn't it?

G&G definitely told me the 32 jet burner was 300,000 btus... :blink:

I'm pretty sure the G&G quote of 130,000 btus is for the 23 jet mongolian isn't it?

G&G told me the same thing when I bought my 23 jet version.

I have boiled 70 - 80 litres with mine no trouble at all :)

Nup, they quote the 23 jet as 95000 btu.

You're right, that's what they are now quoting. I haven't checked since the site was upgraded, before which it was quoted as 130,000. Judging on what I have been told by Gameco, these new quoted figures are more like what they put out...

yes when i was talking with john at grain and grape i was quoted 350,000 for the 32 and 300,000 for the 23 . ok the paper work that is with mine did not state a thing but the tag said 350,000 ??? so i am not sure what the figures are but after seeing how good they work i don't realy care but i would say they would peak at 130,000 ,95,000 reliable .
oh i thouht that LPG stood for 'liquid propane gas' or 'is it low propane gas' ?
so there pretty good

del

i thouht that LPG stood for 'liquid propane gas' or 'is it low propane gas' ?
Pretty sure its "Liquid Petroleum Gas" isn't it???

Propane and LPG may well be identical, but I just wondered if that could explain the differences in figures quoted by Morebeer and Aussie gas suppliers like Gameco.

Pretty sure its "Liquid Petroleum Gas" isn't it???

LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gas

As in the gas has been placed under pressure until it becomes liquid, or its vapor pressure.

Cheers
MAH

I'm sure you won't be disappointed mate. Be prepared to use around a full 9kg bottle of gas per brew though!
That amount of gas for a brew is rediculous.

cheers

BRowndog

I will be using the burner in the next few days, maybe today.

I'll let you know what I think of it.

Depends how big the brew is.

Very true. I can get 7 X 25L cubes or 12 X 15L cubes out of one batch on my big system so a 9kg bottle per brew is not that much different to the smaller scale stuff really... And there's usually a bit of gas still in the bottle - maybe enough to heat the mash water for the next brew, or something like that.

Back