3 Tap Font - Can It Be Chilled?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughman666

Reaction score
so i've been looking at this item for a while:

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1116

my new bar will be approx 2 metres away from my keg fridge and in another room. i was hoping to use one of these fonts as they appear to be a good price for what you get. my main concern is that they are not chilled (ie don't appear to have a chill line).

so my questions is:

is there enough internal room in this sucker to fit a thin coil of copper which basically works its way up the font and then back down in a spiral/coil fashion (ala a upside-down version of an immersion chiller) with glycol being pumped through via a pond pump and resevoir....obviously the beer & glycol lines going to the font
will be insulated to keep them cool along the journey.

thoughts anyone?

If you're patient enough you'd probably find a flooded Andale 3 way font for similar dollars. With the cash you spend ginning around trying to flood that you could get some nice taps to suit

If you're patient enough you'd probably find a flooded Andale 3 way font for similar dollars. With the cash you spend ginning around trying to flood that you could get some nice taps to suit
...and then a gas bottle, and a huuuuge freezer and a beer engine and a Guinness tap. and then brew a lot.

Simple, any questions? :p

Back